Redline V-Twin Transmission Oil with ShockProof®

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this stuff rocks.

It is like a completely different transmission.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=119&

119.png

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
...How long does it take??

1 or 2 miles.

I mean it, N never been easier, Almost no clunk N > 1, Shifts less agricultural.

Mine is a 14 and had SYN3 in it.

+1 I put it in my 2010 FatBoy. Pull in clutch, pause, like you said "tick" going into first gear. Much less noise down shifting also.

I love the stuff too; it's the same as the regular Shockproof Heavy just marketed towards motorcycles. It's in both the transmission and final drive of my BMW.

I would think the primary would have a far bigger impact than whatever lube was in the tranny, at least as far as the clunk goes.

Last edited:
Been using this stuff for years. Nothing better in my opinion. I've used the harley fluid, mobil 1 gear lube and after the Redline - never looked back.

you went from harley's overprice under performing lubricants to whats prolly top of the heap. Redline is still a real synthetic group V ester based lubricants. i believe Amsoil although still better than most uses group III dino lubricants legally synthetic since 1999!!!

Originally Posted By: oldhp
+1 I put it in my 2010 FatBoy. Pull in clutch, pause, like you said "tick" going into first gear. Much less noise down shifting also.

Yep

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Been using this stuff for years. Nothing better in my opinion. I've used the harley fluid, mobil 1 gear lube and after the Redline - never looked back.

Ditto.

This is the only application where I will pay the premium price for redline.

2012 softail heritage classic have used factory fill, amsoil, HD formula+, redline, and now Mystik 15w50 in both primary and transmission. None and I mean NONE made any difference in shift quality or clunk.

Originally Posted By: FastGame
What is the shock absorbing stuff in this oil ? Teflon or something similar ?

Teflon?

No.

Email redline. They'll tell ya

a Redline story, in my 2001 VW Jetta 1.8 with the notoriously poor syncros in the O2J 5 speed at 90,000 shifting got really bad, enter Redline MT-90, put it in + it was a little better almost at once, by the time i had 2,000 miles on it shifting was really good!! thats some great stuff, my choice as i DO NOT own any slush box trannys, by choice for sure!!

I just changed to Twin Power Semi-Syn gear oil from Redline Heavy Shockproof. I have no 5th gear noise now. With everything else including the Shockproof and Formula + I had mild to annoying levels of gear noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back