Valvoline 5w30; 3,000k; 2001 Toyota Camry V-6 1MZF

Status
Not open for further replies.
An oil shearing out of grade in 3,000 miles in a grocery getter is a good UOA? If you say so.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Consistency is a virtue. One thing that is as consistent as Valvoline Premium Conventional's good UOA's is Oil Changer's poor opinion of the brand.

cheers3.gif

Consistency is a virtue. One thing that is as consistent as Valvoline Premium Conventional's good UOA's is Oil Changer's poor opinion of the brand.

cheers3.gif

LOL!

Being new here you of course know him better than me, but I see a quick look shows that "Oil Changer" is a Ashland (Valvoline) hater to the bone. I don't know the details of his issues, but will say that we all can be like that with certain products for whatever reason... warranted or not. Maybe he worked for Ashland at one time? He loves Moly it seems, hates sodium and cites it's presence as an issue in being able to properly detect coolant getting into the oil. From what I am reading that's a non issue. All you have to do is look at the sodium in one test and if it jumps in another you know you may have an issue and can start to address it. Sodium I read is great at counteracting acids that cause problems. I read negative things about Moly that he seems to love. A person could probably find something negative about anything. Oil Changer, rather than junk up the forum with repetitive complaints PM me and let me know why you hate Ashland products.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Engine shearing can lower the viscosity. So can oil additives.

That's one of the funniest typos I've seen in awhile.
grin.gif

That oilchanger guy has a lot off online "courage".. Be interesting to see if he or it is such a inhospitable " being" in person, live and in the flesh. People like that individual is why cloning humans would be a very poor investment in time,money and effort. With very undesirable results that no one in their right mind would want duplicated.

Originally Posted By: BlackHawk1

cheers3.gif

LOL!

Being new here you of course know him better than me, but I see a quick look shows that "Oil Changer" is a Ashland (Valvoline) hater to the bone. I don't know the details of his issues, but will say that we all can be like that with certain products for whatever reason... warranted or not. Maybe he worked for Ashland at one time? He loves Moly it seems, hates sodium and cites it's presence as an issue in being able to properly detect coolant getting into the oil. From what I am reading that's a non issue. All you have to do is look at the sodium in one test and if it jumps in another you know you may have an issue and can start to address it. Sodium I read is great at counteracting acids that cause problems. I read negative things about Moly that he seems to love. A person could probably find something negative about anything. Oil Changer, rather than junk up the forum with repetitive complaints PM me and let me know why you hate Ashland products.

Lol... Just busting his chops is all. He had a bad experience and is perfectly within his right to voice his opinions on said experience. We're good.

beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Well this proves that Valvoline makes a darn good conventional oil.

3k is nothing though.

I also don't buy the sludging. Have one of these cars with 250k miles and it was rather poorly maintained but the engine runs fine and didn't sludge to death.

3k might be nothing and I agree with that.. But I changed my car with Castrol in the gold bottle every 4k miles.. Way early? you bet. what I wanted to do? Yep. Now my lady has a 98 camry with 67k miles very well maintained.. I bet this car will roll for another 10 ten years. Awesome car.

The lower viscosity if probably from the idling but, not bad!
smile.gif

These engines were backed spec'd for 5W20 anyway! Another
smile.gif

I currently have VWB 5W30(since NOV-DEC'14) in my Altima(sig) right now! I'll change it in a few weeks!

How has your Altima done so far ? Mine has been really darn good. Just expensive parts when it does need any work on it. But otherwise pretty good.

I used to say Valvoline was the one that stayed in grade. Geez. Now there isn't one that does. [censored]. Now do I have to mix with 20% 10w-30(my cars use 5w-20)? OK. No problem.

VWB shows consistently good results in almost every application.

The shearing is typical for dino 5w30's, especially ones that sat on a shelf for 4 years with an SM spec.

Then there are those that watch a 20 weight shear to 6.x CST and think nothing of it
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back