Armor All wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally I find Armor All products to be very good. I tried this wax and it really doesn't seem to do what it is advertised to do. Just a run of the mill wax.

I'm a big fan of it... it's my current favorite wax. I have used many the past 20 years and have been very lucky to have used many good ones. It gets a lot of things right for the average joe.

It's strength is ease of use and tenacious longevity. You literally slather it on and wipe off. After you get a technique going you can wax your car in 10-15 mins. My current technique is to wet the paint with it. Takes a while longer, but I end up wasting less product.

It also lasts an average of a year in the 4 different cars I've applied it on that encounter different environments. 1 lives outside, 2 daily drivers are garaged nightly, 1 is a garage queen. Each car did have a pre-prep to knock out the old wax. Minimum required was using a light paint cleaner. You can get by with just a clay bar if you know the car has no or minimal wax.

Negatives... 1. Some waxes help beautify the shine, this doesn't. However shine doesn't come from wax. 2. It is not slick to the touch, but I'm not one to constantly feel up car. 3. Water spots are more obvious. I'm not saying you'll get more water spots, they're just easier to see. Luckily it always wipes right off easily and with no water spot etching which I can't say about carnauba waxes... even one really professional one which I currently am trying to use up.
smile.gif

I have not tested it's dirt repelling ability, but you'll see tons of videos on YouTube about it and online reviews from off-roaders that love Extreme Shield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back