Valvoline Synpower? Not a lot of info on this oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
It is simple to understand. I know what I'm talking about, you don't.

No you don't, you don't have a clue...

Pedantic trolls like this repeating garbage is why good posters leave this site...

It is simple to understand. I know what I'm talking about, you don't. Sodium is an antifreeze inhibitor. MY OM/FSM call for 100k OCI. I owned it, you looked online. I can't take a picture because when I sold the van over a year ago I gave him both manuals. Like I said before, I'm over it maybe you should be too. I'm sure there is a crisis hotline you can call. Valvoline still makes junk.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
But this is going to be hard for you to understand because you confuse 15K to 50K as 100K and are unable to produce document that states otherwise.

Yeah, you're over it...
33.gif

We're over it too.

Let's see, you're the guy that follows me around, offers nothing of technical merit ever, and focuses only on personal attacks and name calling. You are the troll. You are the reason why good people leave this site.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
It is simple to understand. I know what I'm talking about, you don't.

No you don't, you don't have a clue...

Pedantic trolls like this repeating garbage is why good posters leave this site...

I am. I was upset for about two days after the transmission failure then got over it. It's been over two years now. The topic is VSP and Dave jumps in all angry-like and starts up about my transmission. And he calls me a troll? LOL! Okay.

That doesn't mean I ever have to support a third-rate garbage producing company like Ashland either. I might be the most outspoken. I might use the most strongly written words. I am certainly not the only one that feels that way either.

I think it's funny that ol' Nick and Dave get so upset over my comments. You too but at least you're man enough to not feel like you have to go on a personal attack. They post from the sewer where they find plenty of their favorite product.

Originally Posted By: wemay
We're over it too.

I am. I was upset for about two days after the transmission failure then got over it....

Riiiiggghhhttt....

so lets end this thread.

synpower is perfectly fine oil if using in short drain intervals. 3-5k miles and usually give back great uoa's

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
so lets end this thread.

synpower is perfectly fine oil if using in short drain intervals. 3-5k miles and usually give back great uoa's

Well that wouldn't be a fine oil if it can only do the same mileage as conventional oil. I'm sure it can safely do much more mileage than that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
so lets end this thread.

I ran it 8k and it had a TBN of 4 left. My UOA is in the UOA section. 3-5k is not working synpower at all. At least run it 6-8k and get your money's worth!

Last edited:
Any full synthetic can go at least 10k
I have used Valvoline alot and they are a good oil
Every oil will have its detractors

This is one of the biggest clusters of all that stuff I've seen yet. Haven't seen such a huge thread on an oil that it seems everyone is getting worked up. Nice job, I'm enjoying this.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
This is one of the biggest clusters of all that stuff I've seen yet. Haven't seen such a huge thread on an oil that it seems everyone is getting worked up. Nice job, I'm enjoying this.

Hahahaha, you should start a RP thread if you think this one was bad lol. This one was bad because we have a member who loves to troll valvoline and to argue! It's part of what makes BITOG fun.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

Hahahaha, you should start a RP thread if you think this one was bad lol. This one was bad because we have a member who loves to troll valvoline and to argue! It's part of what makes BITOG fun.

No, please don't, for at least a month:

No thick vs thin
No RP sucks/doesn't suck
No K&N air filter sand blasting your engine
No Direct Injection apocalypse
No GrpIII isnt/is a synthetic
No Purolators tearing

31.gif

No thick vs thin
No RP sucks/doesn't suck
No Purolators tearing

31.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

No thick vs thin
No RP sucks/doesn't suck
No Purolators tearing

31.gif

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back