Liqui Moly Long Time High Tech 5w30 for Ford Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, should I recommend this high saps oil for a 2012 Ford Edge 2.0t?
Or would the owner be better off with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum or Vavoline Synpower offerings. It's a direct injection gasser with 75k miles on it.
The owner is afraid of the perceived lower mileage if he runs a higher hths 3.5 or better.
I wasn't sure if I should post this in pcmo or german oil forums.
Thanks.

Long Time High Tech 5w-30 is a low SAPS oil - not high SAPS. It also has an HTHS of >3.5 cP. Given the sulfur content in the fuel, I would not use it in a gas engine.

Thank you Falcon_LS I needed to research the ACEA ratings
Oil Labels. to understand the ACEA C3 of Longtime High Tech 5W-30 means that it's only a Mid saps at best, so not good for American high sulfur gasoline I presume. The confusing part is that they say 502/505 and they talk about being good for.(up to 30,000 km) and 40,000 km and A3/B4 on the tech sheet.

Last edited:
Wemay, Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 seems like a legit high saps synthetic technology Group III 5w40 like the Amsoil EFM and the $26.10 price from ridge napa is really competitive. I think they have the picture mislabled in that link provided.

Originally Posted By: wildmanrandall
Wemay, Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 seems like a legit high saps synthetic technology Group III 5w40 like the Amsoil EFM and the $26.10 price from ridge napa is really competitive. I think they have the picture mislabled in that link provided.

Yes, i saw that too. When i called, they confirmed both viscosity are available for that price.

Why wouldn't you just use M1 0w-40 if you want something a bit heavier that is full SAPS?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Why wouldn't you just use M1 0w-40 if you want something a bit heavier that is full SAPS?
21.gif

Sometimes folks just like to go off the beaten path.
whistle.gif

Taking the path less traveled is true.
It was for a co-worker and he is afraid to run an Xw40 weight.

Last edited:
How about GC 0w-30 then?

I just got a case of Motul 0w-30 (not high HTHS stuff) to try in the Expedition because of course I like to experiment too
smile.gif
It just seems that going to too much effort in this case might be a waste when there are a number of HTHS >=3.5cP options on the shelf that are well regarded
smile.gif

Price was a deal breaker for the GC 0w30 this time around.

In the end, he mistakenly selected 5w20 synpower instead of the 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back