MotoMaster Formula 1 Synthetic Motor Oil 5L $25.79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 5 liter jug of 5w30 MotoMaster Formula 1 Synthetic Motor Oil from Canadian tire today for a great price of $35.79 Canadian.
Gonna use it in my 1990 Honda CRX Si.
Anyone have experience with this oil ?

image.jpg

I am using that currently in my SI and it seems to run great.
I buy it whenever it's huge on sale. I got it 2 or 3 years ago for like $15 a jug. But $25 is good too this day and age!

ive never had any problems running any of their oils

Currently running Supreme 5w20 in the dd with no problems. oil comes out decent, no oil consumption and I change it every 5-7kms. When it's on sale I get it for $12/5 litres.

I can't complain
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
ive never had any problems running any of their oils

Currently running Supreme 5w20 in the dd with no problems. oil comes out decent, no oil consumption and I change it every 5-7kms. When it's on sale I get it for $12/5 litres.

I can't complain
12.gif

What's the point of synthetic then
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Stewie

21.gif

Performs better in extreme temperatures.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robb.
Bought a 5 liter jug of 5w30 MotoMaster Formula 1 Synthetic Motor Oil from Canadian tire today for a great price of $35.79 Canadian.
Gonna use it in my 1990 Honda CRX Si.
Anyone have experience with this oil ?

I've used it a few times in my old 2008 Aveo and it served me well. I believe it was 2011 I bought 3 jugs at their 50% off deals for like $18.99. Currently I'm using their F1 conventional oil (with wearguard) and very interested in the UOA results for a GDI engine.

I have found that the engine seems to be louder at idle with Motomaster oils be it synthetic or conventional. It may just be my hearing!

When it's on sale I get it for $12/5 litres.

How do you find it so cheap ? from where ?

F1 Full Synth has never been that cheap. One Boxing Day, it was $14.99, but that was five or more years ago. He must be talking of the F1 conventional with the synthetic additive WearGuard. That oil goes on sale for $12.99 once in a while.

Sorry, just noticed he was describing MM Supreme. A good oil as well.

Last edited:

As mentioned, the cheaper oil is in the red bottle. Here is the link.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-supreme-conventional-motor-oil-5-l-0287332p.html

I've used this full synthethic before. I had no issues with it.

I was able to get PP on sale at [censored] for $31 a 5L bottle with a $5 rebate, so I stocked up with 7 bottles at the time.

It's a good oil when it goes on sale for $25 and change a bottle. If you like it, stock up when they have the Black Friday sale (US Thanksgiving weekend). That's usually when it's cheapest price for the year. As mentioned, it used to go on sale for under $20 a 5L bottle. That was a few years ago. Now anything $25 and under on sale is a good deal. They also came out with 0w-20 recently.

Does anyone know if there is any real difference between MM Formula 1 conventional with Wearguard (silver bottle) and MM Supreme conventional (red bottle)? Is it only the "Wearguard" additive?

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair

21.gif

And longer OCI's

Personally, I'd rather run shorter intervals and have fresh oil, for less $

For the price I pay for two 5 liter jugs of Supreme, I'd get one 5 liter jug of the Formula 1 syn on sale.

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair

21.gif

And longer OCI's

Long OCI and cold starts was my point.

But running it for 3K waste

Oh yeah for canucks it is 5K KM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back