Coolant exploded everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Replace all the coolant hoses, radiator, water pump, heater core, head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, thermostat housing, and reservoir hose. That should take care of the leak.
K24, I know the above is very harsh but the way you posted your original posting, I can't blame him. What exactly were you trying to find from this forum if you had no light to even look at the leak? Somebody else also said that we can not look from here.

For all of you who thought of the water pump, you were spot on. New water pump and things are dandy again. This is its 3rd pump btw.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Replace all the coolant hoses, radiator, water pump, heater core, head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, thermostat housing, and reservoir hose. That should take care of the leak.
K24, I know the above is very harsh but the way you posted your original posting, I can't blame him. What exactly were you trying to find from this forum if you had no light to even look at the leak? Somebody else also said that we can not look from here.

you consider merk's post "very harsh"? it's mild sarcasm that I thought was funny.opinions vary, I guess.
this is yet another impossible to answer question, on the internet.just like the "I have a clunk/buzz/rattle/squeak/thud/scrape noise -- what is it?"
i never could understand why people ask these questions on the internet. but, these threads are funny.
have a good night, all.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
For all of you who thought of the water pump, you were spot on. New water pump and things are dandy again. This is its 3rd pump btw.
What have the brands been?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: gregk24
What have the brands been?

The OEM went out around 100-120k if I'm not mistaken, the other two were probably Napa

Now that this is resolved, most of the water pump failures give ample warning before exploding coolant all over. Coolant drips from the water pump weep hole when the pump wears out. Were the warnings not there or ignored?

Now that this is resolved, most of the water pump failures give ample warning before exploding coolant all over. Coolant drips from the water pump weep hole when the pump wears out. Were the warnings not there or ignored?

I've seen many water pump failures, and they all gave warning, as vikas states.yet another reason to check things under the hood often.
have a good night, all.

Mike, it has 148K if I am not mistaken. Its my fathers ride so I don't check it out that often. He checks his oil every now and then because it burns some, I would think he checks other fluids often as well. I can say that the overflow tank wasn't low before the incident because I did check that recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back