Titanium or Moly/Boron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which anti-wear additive package has proven to provide lower wear numbers?

Or Is there really any clear cut advantage to either?

If I recall correctly they both have there advantages over one another. Titanium works at lower temperatures, and I forget what Moly's advantage was.

Though you could get an oil like Kendall GT-1 which has both Titanium and Moly in it, and then you don't have to question it.

I was looking at the titanium additive package more to see if it would benefit better antiwear properties to help with the so-called Hemi Tick within the new 5.7L...

Many of the new Hemi Motors have developed this tick using the specified oil. Even the switch to Pennzoil platinum or Ultra does not help! Some have switched to Red Line and the tick has almost disappeared!

My new 5.7L does not have this tick! At this point I do not want to have to special mail order oil just to help prevent this problem!

I used MS5K in a 2012 hemi ram and it was very quiet. MS5K uses TI additive. I tend to lean toward TI or sodium add pack oils simply out of personal preference. There are many ways to blend a quality motor oil. Both TI and Moly are great and probably are equals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back