Clay/Nanoskining ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally bought a foam gun and getting ready for spring cleaning and waxing of the vehicles. After watching a few videos on using foam guns I came up with the idea of using the foam as the lubricant for claying/Nanoskining our vehicles. This is after the initial proper washing of coarse.
Has anyone used this method?
Up till now I've been using either detail spray or a concentrated car wash spray as the lubricant. Which has worked but a pita.
I am going to try this soon, hopefully this weekend (been a long cold winter here) and will report back as to the results.

As long as it's a cloudy day or you rinse each panel as you go, using the soap as clay lube works perfect. I will usually foam, 2 bucket wash, iron-x, then mix up a new bucket of soap and water and just use the wash mitt with a bunch of suds on the panel then clay and rinse. Combines 2 processes into one and saves 30-40 minutes in my experience.

I haven't tried foam (I don't have a foam cannon, sadly), but I have used Turtle Wax Rinseless at the normal wash dilution with both red and blue Nanoskin prep sponges. It seemed to work as well as the spray detailer I used (Mothers).

This is one of those situations where you'll have to figure out what you can get away with. For some paints and some Nanoskin products, car wash soap will be adequate. But for others, it may not be.

I am not a huge fan of foam guns - they really don't offer much to the process aside from the show.

If you want a really quick way of doing a clay/wax, try this:

http://youtu.be/HGmCZj-vdXk

Edit - corrected link

Last edited:
I think you would be trying to work too large of an area. Unless you were going to foam a small section at a time.

Originally Posted By: EvanD
I think you would be trying to work too large of an area. Unless you were going to foam a small section at a time.

That would be the plan. After a thorough washing, foam a section, nanoskin, rinse, then go on to the next area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back