How often do you wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how many times a year/how long do you go between waxing your vehicle? I use turtle wax super hard shell, and plan to do it once a month (every 4th wash). A bit excessive?

Not excessive imho. Mine get a full 'correction' ~annually, with a light M205 fluff & buff about every six months.
Our sealants/waxes/LSPs bead, repel, and gleam around a month or two between applications what with the sunny days and ocean spray.
For me, at least, detailing has proven to be cheap therapy.
wink.gif

"Find something you like and use it often!" -Mike Phillips

I have not used any wax in 20 years. Too much work for protection that does not last.

Paste wax before our 'lite' Winter here...Spray wax 4-5 times in between. The cars always stay nice and water beads consistently.

Wax with Meguiars Ultimate every 3 months, wash it every month or so, every once in a while use a spray wax after a wash.

About every season. Depending on my mood alittle early or alittle later.

How often depends on the quality tho. Don't skimp if you don't need to buy a nice thing of wax.

You trust it to protect your paint and the thing will last for years anyways.

I prefer paste wax since I feel it lasts longer and you get more.

Originally Posted By: yougoJAY
Paste wax before our 'lite' Winter here...Spray wax 4-5 times in between. The cars always stay nice and water beads consistently.

I dont get it, I wax weekly with spray wax and after the first or second rain shower it stops beading. I think its all the [censored] thats comes from the rain dripping off of the trees above where I park.

I'd like to wax more offen, but when it's 115 outside in the summer, I just can't make myself do it usually.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Not a bit excessive! Heck I wax mine every wash job, using whatever spray wax is on sale. On my pickups I use Eagle 1 wax as you dry. So, in my book you're quite normal....

I do the exact same,using Eagle 1 Nano Wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back