Let's Talk Milsurp Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
Who cares if they're putting you on a list. They can't round everyone up at once. Most people will have plenty of warning to change their ways and turn over their guns.

If the government wants to "track me". I can guarantee you they are going to get real bored, real fast.

Let's get back on topic.

This thread is for exchange of information about military surplus guns. We don't want it closed.

I have to say I'm very intrigued by the K31. Quality, accuracy, the straight bolt design, availability of ammo and brass, and the capability to use .308 bullets are all benefits.

Would you guys say that the Swiss K-guns are the highest quality Milsurp rifles?

I have a CZ-83 and it's a terrific handgun, extraordinarily accurate. I assume the 82 would be the same, but I don't have one and have not shot one, so can't say for sure.

Mil Surp guns just do not interest me very much. I would rather have a civilian version.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Let's get back on topic.

This thread is for exchange of information about military surplus guns. We don't want it closed.

I have to say I'm very intrigued by the K31. Quality, accuracy, the straight bolt design, availability of ammo and brass, and the capability to use .308 bullets are all benefits.

Would you guys say that the Swiss K-guns are the highest quality Milsurp rifles?

The Swiss are near the top as are the Swedish Mausers.The reason is that they were never active combatants in any of the major wars in Europe during the 2oth century. The German and other makers are high quality in peacetime...but in wartime the quality in fit and finish does go down.

One cheap straight pull you could look into is the Steyr M95 guns. Not as refined, and you would have to reload, but a very neat gun that is still very affordable.

Mine is a 1942 model as well. I tore the bolt down completely, cleaned and oil it, then re-assembled. It slides very smooth. Numbers on the bolt match the numbers on the barrel so I'm pretty confident is wasn't piece-mealed together with left over parts from different weapons. My son liked mine so much we went and got him one and refinished it as well, and that was some quality time together. I was able to score 480 rounds of the 7.62X54R for $90 so I have plenty of ammo to shoot when I can.

Let's see some pics guys! Here are both of my Mosin's with all the matching acessories. A pair of Tula's. One a 1931, and the other a 1936. Both are hex receivers. The Enfield is an unissued Model I picked up for $160.00 with the matching blade bayonet back in the early 90's. The gun was mummy wrapped in Cosmoline, and came from a hoard the Irish Republican Army sold off. I wish I'd bought a dozen of them!

The Mausers are a couple of M-48's. They all shoot like a dream. The ammo is a couple of cases of "Circle 10" Bulgarian 7.62 X 54 MM I bought to feed them. The green cases are brass Yugo 7.62 X 39 MM for my AK's. I've got a lot of them to feed as well. Again, I should have bought 10 cases when I had the chance.

Some Mosin Nagants are more fun than others. I really enjoy shooting my PU Snipers and Finnish variants, like the M39. Quite accurate with the right ammo.

1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU sniper:
IMG_9100_zpsqao0cdmh.jpg

IMG_4610_zpsjkur41w5.jpg

1944 Tikka M91/30 (top), 1942 VKT M39 (bottom)
IMG_1443_zpsczomchqu.jpg

+1 on the Swedish Mausers, they are very well made but like most surplus rifles they're getting much harder to find and much more expensive.

M41B (top), M41 (bottom)
IMG_5272_zpsf1ztrnnh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back