2011 Ram 1500 needs new front diff seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ventured under the Ram today to change the front diff gear oil. Low and behold the driver side CV seal is leaking and leaving the tell tale spray. thankfully its under warranty. But 4 years old, 94,000km? Really? Sure its always turning but this is ridiculous. Now it has to go under the knife, which takes a day from us, 200km round trip.

I want to get rid of this truck, but they never give [censored] for a trade in. Its been in for tie rod ends that loosened up at 33,000km, missing screws holding the wheel well liners in, [censored] wire connectors for the headlights and tail lights, 85,000km the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket leaking (still havn't fixed the exhaust rattle), some sort of vibration on the passenger side CV shaft that no one knew about when it was taken in for the exhaust rattle, the purge canister replaced (was real fun at -30C filling a 100+ liter tank 13 cents at a time. Probably more.

Anyone in Canada go through many warranty issues? What can be done? I love my truck for the most part but do not want to lose the shirt on my back trading it in, or being left with God knows what in repairs once the extended warranty expires. What gets me the most is that my family rides in that vehicle, I do not want them stranded or worse.

Bite the bullet. Soon the warranty will be over then your stuck paying big repair bills.

Not sure if it works the same here but best bet here would be to sell it to a private party and use the cash as your next down payment since the dealership will screw you on trade in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back