VOA Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 Full Syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I wanted to FINALLY register & contribute right away with a VOA of this oil that I am currently using in my vehicle. I plan on doing a study overtime to see which readily available oil suits my engine the best. I'm keeping 5w-30 & 3000 OCI for warranty & viscosity purposes
cry.gif

Thoughts on this VOA?

*This VOA is for the dark charcoal bottle with black label of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.*

16865771607_25e9a675b1_o.png

Is this the Pureplus version ? I am running that right now and have used it before and really like it. Finally found it in five qt containers at a Walmart a ways from my place. But I'm glad I can get it.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
welcome2.gif

Wow thin 5w, really looks good .

Yeah, it pours out very quickly when new so it may be too thin for my 4-Cyl turbo application.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Is this the Pureplus version ? I am running that right now and have used it before and really like it. Finally found it in five qt containers at a Walmart a ways from my place. But I'm glad I can get it.

Yes this is the pureplus version in the darkest gray bottle with the black label.
I got it at Autozone on sale a bunch of times for about $33 with a filter (5 qts)! They also had that shell fuel promotion going where you could save up to $1/gallon so I jumped on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave123
Run yellow bottle and pocket the change

I didn't have a good experience from the yellow bottle stuff so I'm staying away.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Thanks for going to the trouble to post this.

No problem!

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Yes yes thank you. I have been mixing PU 5W30 with PPHM 5W30 so at least now I know whats kinda going on inside crankcase.

I didn't see anything so I might as well post it. Thanks. I hope others will post this oils VOA to get more actual data.

I had some dealer sourced 5w-30 Mobil 1 full syn. turn to 7.92 viscosity after 3100 miles in my vehicle so I hope Pennzoil Ultra Platinum performs better lol. Mobil 1 TBN was at 3.5 too.

Thank you for sharing. Glad to see what is going in this oil. I believe it to be one of the best on the market. I know there are others too that are great room

Thanks for the report.

Things look good with strong detergent and antiwear additive packages with excellent TBN; viscosity at 100*C. appears to be low at only 9.82 instead of around 10.5

Thanks for posting this. Just put this in my 06 tundra double cab this past week. My engine is noticeably quieter with this oil than with Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Thanks for the report.

Things look good with strong detergent and antiwear additive packages with excellent TBN; viscosity at 100*C. appears to be low at only 9.82 instead of around 10.5

No problem. Yes the viscosity is supposed to be 10.3 according to their technical data sheet. I'll be pulling this out for and oil change within in the next week or two see how it performed.

Originally Posted By: huntsonora
Thanks for posting this. Just put this in my 06 tundra double cab this past week. My engine is noticeably quieter with this oil than with Mobil 1.

You are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back