using fuel additives to clean carbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you actually have a regime or a change interval if you will. It needs tires rotated in 600 miles . I know di engines have carbon on intake valves . Just wanting to combat whatever issues I can soo than later. Thanks all.

Fuel additives won't clean DI intake valves, but it will keep injectors clean.

That said, using top tier fuel mostly negates the need for any fuel additives.

Which fuels are top tier?? I got ideas of which ones.. But I bet you actually know which ines are.

Thanks man. Figured ya did ! I have to run 93.. And I run Shell and Exxon 93. But interesting to see some of the names on that list. Costco gas .. Interesting.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Thanks man. Figured ya did ! I have to run 93.. And I run Shell and Exxon 93. But interesting to see some of the names on that list. Costco gas .. Interesting.

Your 3.5L requires 93 octane? Is it modified and tuned for 93?

Yep. The manual calls For 93.. Or greater than 91. Well all we have around here is 93. I saw a lady with a Brand New 14 Altima 3.5 with 30 day tags on it.. She said and I quote," my car is running terrible. And the guy inside said I have to run premium." She found out the hard way. And that could have been costly.

Interesting thought on the lady's 3.5... I was under the impression that modern EFI systems can easily compensate for 87 octane and retard timing at the expense of just a few ponies when premium is required.

Tell ya the Gospel truth man... She was rather unsure and upset. Yeah I read my manual whenever I get a car that is new to me. My car runs awesome and I push her hard.
If that lady had jacked up plugs.. Then she would paid for it herself.. Voided her warranty. All they would have to do is pull a plug and tell she was running the wrong gas. Now maybe I could be wrong on this.. But I sure wouldn't want to play that by chance.

Hecckk no man
smile.gif
Interesting. . wow. I didn't know that kind of stuff is out there. Pretty cool.

on my DI, i run gumout aio every 4k.

on my escape, i run gumout high mileage about every 2-3k miles because it runs on almost exclusively hyvee gas which has almost nil additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back