Rear main seal stop leak.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: vxcalais
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
MOS has always stopped any leaks that our car had. I usually use it in two OCI's and then go with a HM oil. PYB HM seems to be my favorite HM oil...

So 2 rounds was enough to settle the seal and stick with a HM oil after with no more MOS ?

It worked for me...

Just another update, RMS leak appears completely gone. For a while during initial rinse phase it was still wet around the area but driveway drips had disappeared. Everything is completely dry now and has been for a while.

I plan to use straight Trop Artic 5W30 at 5k OCIs until I run out of it. I'll update if anything changes.

My coworker's CRV is the same. I don't know how many miles or if he has changed oil since first rinse phase but he also has no signs of a RMS leak anymore. I think he is selling it soon anyway so I won't be able to follow this one anymore most likely.

I would use PYB HM in your vehicle to maintain the RMS seepage.

I got 2 cases of free Trop Artic 5W30 and another case of free PP 5W30 to use up. I'll pass on HM oils for now.

If the leak comes back, i'll try a HM additive with the free oil until it is gone.

I would use PYB HM in your vehicle to maintain the RMS seepage.

Just curious, but, what makes you think that PHM oil is better than all of the other HM oils on the market? Does it have a more robust add package that would stop or slow down an oil leak better than other HM oils? Isn't it a conventional oil? I have read a lot of members like VML and it's a semi synthetic.
I like to ask Q?'s like this because this is how I/we learn.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Just another update, RMS leak appears completely gone. For a while during initial rinse phase it was still wet around the area but driveway drips had disappeared. Everything is completely dry now and has been for a while.

Ok, so what exactly is in this engine now & what stopped the leak,
so people don't have to read through 7 pages??

Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: badtlc

Ok, so what exactly is in this engine now & what stopped the leak,
so people don't have to read through 7 pages??

Thanks!
smile.gif

I did two applications (apply, rinse, apply, rinse) of old auto-rx with trop artic 5w30. Right now plain trop artic 5W30 is in the sump and is about 1500 miles from finishing the 2nd rinse phase.

Did you do the filter-only change at the halfway point through the OCI like Auto-RX recommended for the application phases, or did you just keep the same filter for the entire OCI?

Originally Posted By: Chewie
Did you do the filter-only change at the halfway point through the OCI like Auto-RX recommended for the application phases, or did you just keep the same filter for the entire OCI?

Same filter entire OCI. I knew my engine wasn't that dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back