Redline SI-1 still one of the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't paid much attentiont to fuel system cleaners lately. Is SI-1 still among the best? I like the fact that I can get it at PepBoys.

I did not know it was known to be one of the best. I used it in the past with NO effect on mpg, no change in the way my cars drove.

Regane, on the other hand, makes me feel a positive change in the way my cars drive. Same with Techron. But not Redline additive.

Ironically, I just put a bottle of it in the Camaro this morning. I've been running SI-1 or Techron every 3 months for years.

Originally Posted By: deven
Highest concentration of PEA available in the market.

3M Max Strength Fuel System Cleaner has 30 - 60% PolyEther Amine.

Is it the best? I suppose. I still don't understand how they can claim their stuff survives combustion to clean DI deposits,but if you don't have that issue, we know it has a good dose of pea.

I put 1/4 of a bottle into my bike every 4 tankful of petrol.The engine does feel more responsive and smooth. Good stuff. Cheaper than Techron too.

But if it costs twice as much as Gumout Regane wouldn't you still get a better bang for your buck if you put in two bottles of Regane vs one bottle of Redline? Same price, but then you'd end up with even more PEA. Gumout's Q&A answers did say it was safe to double the dosage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Redline costs quite a bit more than it's competitors.

It depends on the vehicle, some Redline users say it helps and others say it does nothing. Same goes for Techron and all the other PEA cleaners, some love it, some used it and saw no benefit.

I've tried both, the Scirocco responds positively to Redline but not so much with others

I mix one bottle of Redline SL-1 into one gallon bottle of Lucas UCL, then refill the 'single serve' Lucas UCL bottles to use at the pump.

I thought it was some 3M product that has highest PEA ?
I can't find that post where someone posted a list of products with their PEA amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back