Anyone used this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Liqui-Moly-Tappet-Stop-Noise-Lubricant-300mL/156708

Liqui-Moly tappet stop noise, just bought a bottle
It is supposed to dampen lifter noise, I know this effect will be gone when I drain it, but it also claims to clean the engine and valve train, and I believe this is what i need.
I know people would say replace your lifters but so far going from 10w40 to 10w30 has quietened the lifters a lot (probably because the thinner oil can work its way past any build up and help clean better) so I know they probably aren't dead, just having slight oil supply issues.
That said has anyone used this product? I trust LM products and have had good results from their stuff and I'm hoping this has good cleaning properties. If no one has used it I will report back when it goes in, in about 3,000km/6 weeks time and again to see if any results persist after it is drained

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine Armour in Australia still seems to use Group 1 oils which may not be the best for cleanliness. They confirmed this with me a few years ago via email, but new stuff may be better. Been running petrol for the lest year since it dropped mainly, but used LPG for most of my cars life helped keep it clean. Always used Dual Fuel Diesel oils, Repco brand etc. with the Liqui Moly Mos2 every now and then always kept my car spotless. Experimented other oils in b/n. Apart from Synthetics out mineral oils in Australia have been poor quality up until last few years with more Group 2 etc. Previously Semi synths were Group 1 with Group 3 etc. SN rating may have caused them to change.

Interesting it doesn't change the viscosity which may mean its light on solvents like Kero etc. Be good to see if who has used it before.

Originally Posted By: vxcalais
Engine Armour in Australia still seems to use Group 1 oils which may not be the best for cleanliness. They confirmed this with me a few years ago via email, but new stuff may be better. Been running petrol for the lest year since it dropped mainly, but used LPG for most of my cars life helped keep it clean. Always used Dual Fuel Diesel oils, Repco brand etc. with the Liqui Moly Mos2 every now and then always kept my car spotless. Experimented other oils in b/n. Apart from Synthetics out mineral oils in Australia have been poor quality up until last few years with more Group 2 etc. Previously Semi synths were Group 1 with Group 3 etc. SN rating may have caused them to change.

Interesting it doesn't change the viscosity which may mean its light on solvents like Kero etc. Be good to see if who has used it before.

Yep I only bought Engine Armour for a couple of short 5k runs because it was half price at SCA. I bought it because it is SN rated and like you say hopefully that means its not mainly group 1 anymore. I don't think it is because it used to be called XLD Engine Armour and then it separated from their cheap XLD range after the SM or SN ratings came in.
I normally use only Durablend which has been an excellent oil and has a very good reputation.
My engines internals look very clean but I think there might be a small amount of crud still in the lifters. I'm also hoping someone has some input on this product but if not no worries, I'll be the first to post the results :p

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
For those of us with hearing loss, .......................

You must be one of the more senior members?
Yes I am, this is the last year I will be in my 60's.... old, slower, cranky somewhat, drove the cars of the 60's , cant jump and run to much, carry my 38, I'm not into hand to hand combat, way to old for that, still ride my Harley.................. and I'm an MMO fan..

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

You must be one of the more senior members?
Yes I am, this is the last year I will be in my 60's.... old, slower, cranky somewhat, drove the cars of the 60's , cant jump and run to much, carry my 38, I'm not into hand to hand combat, way to old for that, still ride my Harley.................. and I'm an MMO fan..

Hehe sounds good to me! I reckon I was born into the wrong generation... Got a huge fetish for 40s/50s/60s V8 American cars. I almost envy the people lucky enough to grow up with them like they were nothing special back then! I'm moved to tears everytime I see one!

Or, if not....

Turn the radio up. (I do.)

A loud exhaust, (I have.)

Originally Posted By: Trajan

Or, if not....

Turn the radio up. (I do.)

A loud exhaust, (I have.)

Just put a cat back system on the car this morning, I actually think its too loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back