My Yellow Fogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put yellow fog lights in my Accord today. Got Hella Optilux H11 55W Extreme Yellow XY Bulbs.

They look great and help at night. Now I got to clean up the headlight plastics. Starting to haze a little at the tops.

Was looking into projector retrofits for HID lighting and that's a little too rich for my blood ATM.

NPvZLK9.jpg

DYXJIbK.jpg

I have hazing on the top of the headlights on the tC also, any idea how to get rid of that? I'm guessing it would have to be sanded or something like that.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I have hazing on the top of the headlights on the tC also, any idea how to get rid of that? I'm guessing it would have to be sanded or something like that.

Besides the hazing, I have a lot of pitting and scratches in mine.

Yes, wet sand with a fine then super fine and finish up with some different polishes.

Chemical Guys has a decent video on how to do it. They also sell a whole kit for $40 which IMO would hands down beat any DIY kit in the stores. Only caveat is that you'd probably want to have a DA buffer/polisher.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQEHhxXYoc

Kit:
http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetai...aign=FLEX_443_9

Last edited:
Mine illuminate the sides of the road quite a bit. Many times I have avoided hitting a skunk or other small animal at night thanks to using them.

You're going to love them in the snow. They add another dimension to the ruts that you can read better.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
This looks like a latest model Accord. if so, why are the headlights already hazing?

Thanks for the compliment!
smile.gif

It's actually the previous generation -- it's a 2009.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Mine illuminate the sides of the road quite a bit. Many times I have avoided hitting a skunk or other small animal at night thanks to using them.

If you're driving slow, they can really help. Above about 45 mph or so, they usually do more harm than good. The increased foreground lighting can wreck your distance vision. I almost never have our MDX's fog lamps on -- they REALLY over-power the headlamps in the foreground.

Yellow Lamin-X always worked for me.

Buying yellow tinted bulbs are expensive....

so, I been using Yellow Lamin-x combined with Sylvania XtraVision 9006 for a few years now.... (and they are my DRLs at reduced output).

Yes, I'm due for new bulbs as well as a new foglight, as a rock cracked the glass lens (and the lamin-x held it together)

Last edited:
I have some clear 3M film over my fog lens'. First set I had, cracked one in a week.

Now I've been through the whole winter without any cracks. *knocking on wood*.

Wow, yours look lot nicer than the 2012 model year (which I recall was the last year of the previous generation)!

Yes it was the last year and thank you.

On the 2011 and 2012 Accord sedans, I hated the red reflector pieces they put on the trunk lid.

Looks like Honda was saving pennies on the later year models. I never really warmed up to 2012 aesthetics but your 2009 looks nice.

Two questions:

Fog light is not standard equipment for your Accord, you added aftermarket fog light ?

The color of the front bumper is a little odd, the center has different color then the outsides ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back