Got me Some Whiskey, how to sip it? Over rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your choice. Some like it cold on the lips, some strong, some watered down so it's weak.

Me? Thanks for asking...traditional. Pour in a tumbler and give a splash of the branch*.

*The branch is your local water supply, it gives every drinker a different flavor. If you have [censored] water, give it a bit of bottled water. How much is your choice.

Enjoy!

what do the whiskey gurus think of Whiskey stones?

basically small cubes of soap stone, that you chill first, then use in place of ice, to cool the drink, but not dilute the drink.

you can also heat them to help keep hot drinks hot...
I have a set, but have never even opened the box.(more of a beer/cider guy)

thought of giving them to my uncle who who always has a bottle of either Grey Goose, or Makers Mark on his sideboard.

I'm a bourbon drinker myself. How you sip it is completely personal. Some I drink neat. Some I have with a couple of cubes. Others I add water. Sometimes in the summer, I add ice to bourbon I normally drink straight...

There is no shame and it is not less manly to add water or ice. Experiment and see what you like best.

Buffalo Trace. Excellent sipper with a low price.

Had I not just finished bingeing on Easter jelly beans, I'd go pour some Trace right now but no.... not on top of jelly beans...

Woodford Reserve is my current favorite to sip neat. Knob Creek with a couple of cubes or a splash of tap water.

Originally Posted By: Throt
I've tried to become a liquor sipper for years.

No such luck.

Guess I'm not manly enough.

No shame in that. I wish I liked it less. It has nothing to do with manliness, either you like it or you don't.

I like whiskey straight, on the rocks, or mixed with some ginger ale or Coke/Pepsi.

Try it neat, with a little water, and with a large ice cube.

I like it with Coke/Pepsi but my stomach can't handle the caffeine so I will drink Jim Beam with caffeine free Coke at home.

Heaven Hill makes bourbon that runs the whole gamut of good sipping stuff all the way down to stuff you should just use to clean your lawnmower
smile.gif

I happen to really like some of the Evan Williams stuff. The single barrel is especially good, but expensive for an every day sipper (well for me anyway).
I always liked mine ice cold over a couple ice cubes. I found I liked how the cold and a little water seemed to bring out the flavors more.

Originally Posted By: Throt
I've tried to become a liquor sipper for years.

No such luck.

Guess I'm not manly enough.

ha ha not at all buddy. It's something you either have or don't have. I can drink it straight but I'm sure you are manlier than I am!

I would take that straight up in a glass from the freezer. my cheap booze gets coke in rum and whiskey and cran in my vodka which I pretty much only drink the rest of the wifes once a year bottle.

Cranberry juice? Is it your period? Relax...movie quote..."The Departed"

Originally Posted By: abycat
...and cran in my vodka which I pretty much only drink the rest of the wifes once a year bottle.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Cranberry juice? Is it your period? Relax...movie quote..."The Departed"

Originally Posted By: abycat
...and cran in my vodka which I pretty much only drink the rest of the wifes once a year bottle.

ha ha I'm a big movie guy to! I did forget that line. Good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back