Anyone Deal With Mavis Tire ? Prices Seem Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone to Mavis as there are several locations near me. They have the best self service air pump.

While I think their prices are good, you can beat them by ordering tires from DTD when they are doing one of their super sale/rebate. Mavis will mount and balance them for $20/tire.

Mavis did a tire rotation for me one time at no cost and I was not sure why. I had not purchased the tires there.

Locally one cannot beat BJs or Sams Club for tires if they have what you want.

Right! I have checked online tire pricing with Mavis Tire and I can get same tire(apples-4-apples) online for less money with a W*M install(all said & done)!

Mavis tire may have given you a free tire rotation out of mistake. Take it for what it is! You may have a tire that they sell and it confused/fooled them. Or, they want your future business!

I used to use Sam's Club for tires B/4 discovering online tire shopping! You can't use what you don't know!

They suck IMO. Lousy work, and customer service experiences on two occasions for me. Maybe its a regional thing but I should have learned after the first time. Next time I need tires or an alignment I won't be going to them.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
They suck IMO. Lousy work, and customer service experiences on two occasions for me. Maybe its a regional thing but I should have learned after the first time. Next time I need tires or an alignment I won't be going to them.

A few people I know have gone to various Mavis and have had the same experience. They also push HARD on the Chinese tires fwiw. Doesn't bother me ...

It's always cheaper to buy online and bring to Walmart

For those of you in Western NY (upstate), you can't beat Dunn Tire. All over the Buffalo and Rochester area. I always use their Henrietta location. Because the have a Hunter GSP 9700 Road Force Balancer and most important, employees who know how to use it. Not all locations have the Road Force balancer.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

A few people I know have gone to various Mavis and have had the same experience. They also push HARD on the Chinese tires fwiw. Doesn't bother me ...

Next time I need tires I think I'm going to buy online, take the wheels off the vehicle toss them into my van with the new tires and have a local shop mount and balance them. The vehicle will sit on jack stands and I'll install toss it back together once the new tires are mounted. I don't need a tire shop to check the front end, suspension, brakes, or try and sell me an alignment. If I feel I need an alignment I have a friend who does alignments, and he can do it after the new tires are on the vehicle.

Next time I need tires I think I'm going to buy online, take the wheels off the vehicle toss them into my van with the new tires and have a local shop mount and balance them. The vehicle will sit on jack stands and I'll install toss it back together once the new tires are mounted. I don't need a tire shop to check the front end, suspension, brakes, or try and sell me an alignment. If I feel I need an alignment I have a friend who does alignments, and he can do it after the new tires are on the vehicle.

I haven't bought tires online in years. Most local tire shops will price match an online price so then you don't have to bring the tires to the tire store. Lately I've been running into good sales at Goodyear which beats the online prices especially once you factor in their double rebate if you use their credit card which ends up beating online pricing. Also some tire shops just do tires and alignments and that's it. Town Fair Tire will even throw in a free front end alignment, but they charge extra for a 4 wheel. They don't do any other work so they're not going to check anything else for you.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

I haven't bought tires online in years. Most local tire shops will price match an online price so then you don't have to bring the tires to the tire store. Lately I've been running into good sales at Goodyear which beats the online prices especially once you factor in their double rebate if you use their credit card which ends up beating online pricing. Also some tire shops just do tires and alignments and that's it. Town Fair Tire will even throw in a free front end alignment, but they charge extra for a 4 wheel. They don't do any other work so they're not going to check anything else for you.

Thanks for the info. I never bought tires online, but used the sites for reviews and prices to shop. For me the bottom line is I'm done with STS and Mavis Tire. When I'm ready I will bring the wheels and tires to a shop and have them just do the mount and balance. If they're competitive I might buy the tires from them, but I don't want them messing with the vehicle. Mavis really left me with a bad taste. Unfortunately around here most of the tire centers really suck, which is why I want no part of them. We had a good mom and pop place that did great work, and was fair, but once Mavis and some of the other chains popped up they were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back