Curious, Did Purolater Ever Fix The Tearing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
im sure he was only kidding there is so much evidence in pictures alone that everyone knows purolater is junk i was curious if they got better but i guess everyone in the know dont use them anymore so they just dont know.

send your filter to purolator for proper analysis. opening a filter on your own is backyard tribology and will not meet any litmus test for a warranty claim. does that sound like i'm kidding?
grin.gif

You don't know if they are torn without cutting them open. I guess everyone could just send their used Purolator filters in for "analysis". I doubt Purolator would tell you they found tears in the media anyway.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
there never was an issue in the first place. search this forum for the multiple threads in said topic.

It was all a plot by agents provacateur to discredit the stellar products sold by Purolator.

whistle.gif

Maybe Batman or Mulder and Scully has something to do with it.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
'Imo', seems like another one of those 'deja vu all over again' thread starters.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3514234/Does_Anyone_Know_If_Purolator_

Also imo, appears webfors explanation/reasoning in another recent deja vu thread starter linked is apt. Or perhaps, could be examples of pwd.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...o_F#Post3621247

Based on those if trend follows, looking for another similar thread starter in Oct... or sooner.
56.gif

and you wonder why purolator gives OP and the other anti crowd the silent treatment.

cosby-medium.jpg

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Purolator filters have the best flow on the market.

According to what set of verifiable facts and tests?

Ed

Originally Posted By: pbm
I was a Purolator fan and user but there is too much evidence of tearing for me.....I no longer use them.

Same here, only thing is I had one that was torn when I took it off and cut it open. That was enough for me! Purolator's lack of response to my mailed in filter was just the icing on the cake! Just seemed to me like they didn't care....

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

Ed

I think that was a joke, in that a torn filter offers no resistance.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
'Imo', seems like another one of those 'deja vu all over again' thread starters.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3514234/Does_Anyone_Know_If_Purolator_

Also imo, appears webfors explanation/reasoning in another recent deja vu thread starter linked is apt. Or perhaps, could be examples of pwd.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...o_F#Post3621247

Based on those if trend follows, looking for another similar thread starter in Oct... or sooner.
56.gif

What's "pwd"?

Don't link me into any crowd, I fly solo.

LOL

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker

Ed

Somebody has to take Merk's place when he isn't here.

Quote:
What's "pwd"?

Don't link me into any crowd, I fly solo.

No intent to link you to anything other than a specific reference to what I considered to be similar situation. In the future I'll leave reference name out and just link to a generalized post description.

As for the acronym, I'll leave it open to interpretation and imagination.

Have a nice day.

There's no doubt crazy is reposting the same thing over and over. No idea why unless he really is a crazyoildude.

Let's see... the following link provides some ideas:

http://www.allacronyms.com/PWD

Pure Word Deafness
People With Disabilities
Person With Dementia
Postweaning Diarrhea
People With Diabetes
Psychological Warfare Division
Purposely Wants to Dig
Post-withdrawal disbursement
Parenting With Dignity

Each one in that context has given me a chuckle. Thanks Sayjac!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker

Ed

O.K...you got me!

smile.gif

Ed

Originally Posted By: robo339
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ LoL

Am I wrong that's how I read their advertising

I was LoL-ing at all the stuff above ... but it's been discussed numerous times that the "OR" in Purolator's use statement can over-ride the 3 mo/3K statement.

I do agree that using any filter for 20K miles is pushing it ... more some than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back