Ford 2015 2.7 ecoboost has any one seen any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT8

I haven't seen and new Fords on the roads and a month ago none at 2 local dealers . Any one seem one?

Local dealer has one, in an XLT Super Cab. Has $44,000 on it.

Other local dealer has 2, both in XLT Super cabs. One at $43,000 and one at $37.000.

For that kind of money, I'd much rather have a 5.0, than a 2.7, but you know that saying about fools and their money....

I have seen a few brodozer max / cowboy Cadillac models for 2015 ... can't tell which engine. Obviously not the NA V6 because they were 4x4 SCREW models

It would be nice to find a one with a transmission from totaled vehicle to transplant into my brothers 86 fox body. Fuel economy with little oomph to complement his 91 fox drag car.

There was a story on our local news a bout a month ago, that a Local Couple had bought the First one sold in the State.

why does this make the news you ask? That engine is a Local Product. Ford added about 300 Jobs at the engine plant for that line (for which they received over 900 applications)

Originally Posted By: CT8
I haven't seen and new Fords on the roads and a month ago none at 2 local dealers . Any one seem one?

Yep, my retired pilot bud has a brand new one loaded to the gills with the 2.7.

Hoping to see it first hand today at an Easter celebration here at my home...

the 2.7 is about as impressive as a mid size truck, in short, its okay to continue to pretend it never existed.

It's hard to tell what Ford product has what engine. If it's gas turbocharged, they all have an Ecoboost sticker on it.

Turbos make great sense if one is up on their maintenance. But most folks aren't. Oh well, good news for the turbo manufacturers.

2015's are still pretty rare, Ford needs to kick the production lines into high gear.

Our local dealer still has a number of 2014's glued to their lot.

Last edited:
I asked because I still see 2014s on the lot and there was such a marketing push by all the Youtube wanna be movie stars testing the 2015 Ford. I still an in the market for a new truck. When the 3.5 ecoboost first came out all I saw was ecoboosts.

I've seen a few 2015 F-150s with Ecoboost badges. I don't think there's a way to tell what engine it has without looking under the hood. Style wise, I'm still not sure what I think. The first one I saw passed me on the highway, and I thought it was a Tundra at first.

Originally Posted By: whip
I've seen a few 2015 F-150s with Ecoboost badges. I don't think there's a way to tell what engine it has without looking under the hood. Style wise, I'm still not sure what I think. The first one I saw passed me on the highway, and I thought it was a Tundra at first.

I feel the same way. It looks like a foreign truck too me.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
It's hard to tell what Ford product has what engine. If it's gas turbocharged, they all have an Ecoboost sticker on it.

Turbos make great sense if one is up on their maintenance. But most folks aren't. Oh well, good news for the turbo manufacturers.

With the previous generation -

No badge = NA v6. Ecoboost = 3.5. FlexFuel = 5.0

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: whip

I feel the same way. It looks like a foreign truck too me.

Ironic given that it is the most "American" vehicle on the road, followed by multiple Toyota and Honda vehicles...
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?...mp;aff=national

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back