Anybody else love the Douwe Egberts coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about the coffee that comes out of a machine that uses the Douwe Egberts liquid coffee concentrate. The Douwe Egberts machine mixes the coffee concentrate with hot water as it dispenses. I understand that the "BK Joe" coffee from Burger King was Douwe Egberts concentrate, but a few years ago they switched to a different brand. Nowadays the only place I find the Douwe Egberts coffee made from concentrate is at the US Naval Academy officers' club, but I don't go there much. Anybody know if any of the Douwe Egberts coffee beans are similar in taste to the coffee made from their concentrate?

Here's a blog article from a Brit who installed a D&E coffee machine at his office. http://www.joshuakennon.com/douwe-egberts-coffee/

Unfortunately there is no practical way to use one of these D&E coffee machines for home use. The least expensive machine is the Cafitesse 50. I found a used one for $700. The bigger problem is the coffee concentrate. It comes packaged similar to a box of wine, and one box makes 440 cups of coffee. It comes frozen but then is kept at room temperature in the machine, with a 30-day shelf life.

Scientist at work says the concentrate has artificial coffee flavor added to it, so it will taste better than even fresh coffee. We have one at work and admit that it tastes good, but why screw coffee up with flavors?

there are 7 billion people on the planet, lets take just 1 billion and I bet someone will like that coffee, now just email me a cup for a sample, sounds interesting..

I do. Too much for individual consumption. The machines are, upkeep too. Needs to be connected plumbing wise.

Aroma Rood has a strong aroma reminiscent of KLM airplane coffee. It is not made from costlier Arabica only, it has Robusta blended in it.

Originally Posted By: Kira
A friend brought me a jar of D&E instant (freeze dried) from England. It was a good product.

The best freeze dried coffee is Nescafé Gold, DE fails in freeze dried version, I had to throw it away their Gold 200g jar.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
A friend brought me a jar of D&E instant (freeze dried) from England. It was a good product.

The best freeze dried coffee is Nescafé Gold, DE fails in freeze dried version, I had to throw it away their Gold 200g jar.

I like the DE but have you tried the Nescafe Clasico?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

I like the DE but have you tried the Nescafe Clasico?

I did, Mexican market oriented Clasico, Greek Classic, Swiss Classic and UK Classic, they all taste different.
Gold is lighter than Clasico, it has a sweeter aroma

Originally Posted By: Throt
I haven't had my coffee yet today.

Maybe that's why I hate everyone around me in class.
lmao how true , how true that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back