Curious, Did Purolater Ever Fix The Tearing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was curious did purolater improve their quality yet or are they still building filters that tear? I know most here stopped using them but it would be nice to know that they are doing something to improve the quality of that once liked oil filter.. I am in an oil filter buying group and i was asked this question by another shop that wants to go back to them because he has signs he took down and has no signs made for the Wix we are using now but like all of us he won't use them unless their is a quality improvment and just get new signs made up saying Wix.

there never was an issue in the first place. search this forum for the multiple threads in said topic.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
there never was an issue in the first place. search this forum for the multiple threads in said topic.

crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
31.gif
29.gif

Really? Never? That is just NOT true, and even today some folks are seeing tears in pleated filter material that is crimped together with metal.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'm still using PureOne filters for 20K miles.

That's with 3 OCI's in that 20K miles.

That seems a tad much considering how inexpensive they are.

But whatever floats your boat!

Last edited:
im sure he was only kidding there is so much evidence in pictures alone that everyone knows purolater is junk i was curious if they got better but i guess everyone in the know dont use them anymore so they just dont know.

Who knows? Who would trust the company now anyways? Just not worth it when there are better filters out there. Maybe give them a couple of years and if no tears then likely they fixed the problem.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
im sure he was only kidding there is so much evidence in pictures alone that everyone knows purolater is junk i was curious if they got better but i guess everyone in the know dont use them anymore so they just dont know.

send your filter to purolator for proper analysis. opening a filter on your own is backyard tribology and will not meet any litmus test for a warranty claim. does that sound like i'm kidding?
grin.gif

I was a Purolator fan and user but there is too much evidence of tearing for me.....I no longer use them.

Originally Posted By: Throt
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'm still using PureOne filters for 20K miles.

That's with 3 OCI's in that 20K miles.

That seems a tad much considering how inexpensive they are.

But whatever floats your boat!

I was thinking the same thing 20000 on one filter is dumb

It was all a plot by agents provacateur to discredit the stellar products sold by Purolator.

whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Curious, Did Purolater Ever Fix The Tearing Issues

C'mon! Why would they ever admit a problem - then admit a fix?

If they admitted it and announced a fix date, then people like me who have four Purolator filters left, would wait for new stock and swap my bad stock for new stock.

Only the outer box gets scanned at the register. Do you want to obtain a new Purolator outer box with my old, possible torn Purolator inside that box, after I returned it for a refund?

That is the #1 reason why Purolator has been hush-hush on this.

Of course they did not have the certificate to cut filters open.

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

whistle.gif

Since they never admitted an issue, they can't possibly confirm they fixed it.

Only time will tell by members cutting and posting.

And yes, there was/is most certainly an issue with them tearing.

OP: Just ignore this post. -sigh-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back