General G-max ASO3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for a quality reasonable replacement tire for my 2013 Mustang GT. I live in the Northeast (Western MA) and the issue I have with most high performance tires is they are just not good when the temp drops below around 45 F and although I don't drive my car in the winter spring and fall around here can get quite cold and wet. I also really don't like the fact that Max performance summer tires really don't last long at all. I was thinking about switching to a high performance all season tire like the General G-Max ASO3 they seem like a reasonable option and I was wondering what people think of this tire? I expect that my dry performance may suffer from a Max performance summer tire but frankly I don't drive the car all that hard so I think I can live with the reduced dry performance.

The class leader would be the michelin pilot sport as/3

There are some other very strong options which include the general g-max as03

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season are widely known as one of the best UHP AS tires in the wet.

even the kumho ecsta 4x II is a budget option that offers much improved cold and wet performance over the first version which I thought was pretty decent.

summary many strong options out there.

I have this tire and its does okay in cooler temps but I do not push the tire to the limits. I must say that it is a [censored] tire. It runs narrow in width and it is noisy. The noise is so bad now even with rotations and alignment checks that I am replacing them soon.

How about grand touring all-season tires? It seems like you'd be happier with something like the RT43 or Turanza Srenity Plus or PureContact.

I've got the Michelin AS-3 on the S600. They are a great performance tire that doesn't suck in cold/snow. You'll preserve the performance of the Mustang, while keeping it safe in colder weather...

the ExtremeContactTM DWS06 coming out in may might be an option as well if.

Kumho Ecsta 4x is very good for So Cal weather, we almost never have below 45F during the day and rarely get below 40F at night. The 4X is better on wet surface then Continental DWS, with DWS my E430 could not get above 70 MPH with modest rain on highway, while the 4X can go up to 80-85 MPH with heavier rain.

If you can afford Michelin AS-3 then go for it.

Rand, Kumho has new 4X II ? I didn't know that, Thanks.

When I bought my Camaro one year ago, I immediately bought a second set of wheels and chose GMax tires. These are highly regarded on the Camaro forums and about 2/3 the price of Contis. I chose a UHP tire for road trips-I also do not use my muscle car in winter-but, as you know, you don't dare get caught out in light snow with max summer tires. I also didn't want to use up my Pirelli P-Zeros on the highway. One added benefit: the Pirellis are so sticky, they pick up road debris and fling it off the bodywork. The Generals, with a 480 wear rating, do not. This is the first set of General tires I've ever owned (I'm 60), and I'm pleased so far. I'd say, give them a try.

Take a look at the cooper zeon rs3-a, I've used them on my vehicle and my brothers 04 mustang gt, he likes them, as do I.

Originally Posted By: nas82
Take a look at the cooper zeon rs3-a, I've used them on my vehicle and my brothers 04 mustang gt, he likes them, as do I.

I also have had a set the these Cooper tires in the same car with same alignment as mentioned above and the wear and noise was much better then the General G Max tire.

Cooper is a much better tire

IF you do not want to lay out the coin for the excellent Pilots, the BFG (owned by Michelin, and supposedly shares in the tech) g force Super Sport all seasons are really good in the cold for not being a winter tire.

I have used them for the last few winters, and am VERY happy with the; grip, wear, pot hole bubble resistance of the sidewall, and yes, even the shallow (2" deep) snow traction, even on a front weight bias, powerful, RWD ride.
thumbsup2.gif

They are the tires I have on the Miata (used from May to end November).

I don't push too much on the car either, only in corners, and for my use... and the price I paid for, I like them.

That is what I will have on the BMW next weekend, when snow hopefully ends and temps stay high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back