Denso O2 sensor made in Indonesia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Denso O2 sensor from Ebay for a good price. The sensor was advertised as a Denso and they stated it would come without the box to save on shipping.

The sensor appears to be manufactured like other Denso sensors I have bought, however there is no "Denso" laser etched into it like others I have bought. It is also made in Indonesia. Every other Denso sensor I have bought has been made in Japan. It has a generic number on it which does not match the part number for the application.

I am just wondering if this is an actual Denso sensor. I have never seen a Denso come from Indonesia.

sounds a little odd (without the box?)
I learned the hard way when a sensor needs replacing especially a camshaft or crankshaft positioning sensor or 02 sensor buy OEM because they work.. I go directly to the dealer and even with my discount they are still expensive but they work! Save $25.00 on an after market and get 10x the drama, not worth it!

I bought Denso from Amazon and AAP. They came with the no-seize goo.

Every Denso o2 sensor I've come across was US-made "made in USA from domestic and imported components" except for one for a European car that was made in Germany.

A picture might help...

[img:center]http://
e7fd8bf4eb8ebd3d4f216cc90aca23be_zpsfu2decnk.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Probably just more offshore trash being flogged on ebay.
Most of these countries couldn't make a decent pair of sandals never mind engine sensors. Send it back.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What is the part number? What part number was listed on the auction?

The Denso part number is 234-4143 and that was the part number listed on the auction. It said is was a genuine OEM Denso sensor. The numbers on the sensor are 5410 05H31.

Here is ebay sensor right next to a genuine Denso I pulled off a Toyota a year ago. They look very similar exept for country of origin...

[img:center]http://
b57f02bfd6ed50a10c63dcd26088f576_zpss26ozqti.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: rustypigeon

The Denso part number is 234-4143 and that was the part number listed on the auction. It said is was a genuine OEM Denso sensor. The numbers on the sensor are 5410 05H31.

Yup. You may have gotten a counterfeit fake.

The real Denso 234-4143 is made in the US.

check out the spec sheet thing

Right, the fake manufacturer did not have the right lettering, so instead of stamping it "Made in USA", it settled to stamp it "Made in Indonesia" ???

I need to look at BITOG signing page. Have they added the clause "please leave logical reasoning at the door before entering here"???

It seems Denso did open a plant in Indonesia. They started operations in Feb 2014. It does not say specifically that they make O2 sensors, but it does say they make engine controls...

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/newsreleases/120911-01.html

KARIYA (Japan) - DENSO Corporation today announced that it will construct a new plant in the Bekasi District of West Java Province, Indonesia in response to growing vehicle production in the country. The new plant, PT. DENSO INDONESIA Fajar Plant (tentative name), will start operations in February 2014 and produce engine control products, including engine electronic control units (ECUs) and variable cam timing (VCT) control systems, as well as starters, alternators, and other devices.

Last edited:
It may be an Asian grey market import, hence no Denso name imprinted. If bought from a Denso dealer in the USA it will have the warranty, name, correct number, etc. Ebay is full of stuff like that. I only buy from OE dealers or small private party who bought something and never used it type of thing on Ebay. The price must have been right. I would probably use it and see as it probably is made by Denso as you suspect, just not officially sold here. Then again it may look exactly the same but with the wrong number maybe the specs are different.

Originally Posted By: rustypigeon

Yup. You may have gotten a counterfeit fake.

The real Denso 234-4143 is made in the US.

check out the spec sheet thing

Those in the link you show are not OE, but OE style, not counterfeit but not OE either. I usually beat ebay prices if I shop around with the discounts.

Under some jurisdictions, a forged painting isn't a forgery unless the "artist" signs it. This would explain the lack of markings.

That said I got a Bosch rear o2 sensor from ebay for a neon and it worked fine. No box. Bosch engraved on the shell.

What did you pay for it, if I may ask? I found that part # at autohausaz.com for $89.33. Always had good luck with them and free shipping last time I used them. Many times they beat EBay and Amazon etc.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
What did you pay for it, if I may ask? I found that part # at autohausaz.com for $89.33. Always had good luck with them and free shipping last time I used them. Many times they beat EBay and Amazon etc.

$40 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back