Finding new scratches on your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't baby my cars, I try keeping them in decent shape mechanically and cosmetically. In crowded parking lots particularly, I park as far away as possible from the mad house up front, e.g. , rogue strollers, carts, kids running around, etc. I get back home after shopping today and notice multiple nicks on my rear bumper. They look like the screws of someone's front license plate frame repeatedly kissed my bumper in multiple places. WTH man.

Yep...people today can be real inconsiderate.

I do the same as you when I park. I have no doubt that someday, regardless of how far away I park, some troglodyte will ding my car.

Remember when bumpers were made to actually be bumped with no damage...?

Now, everything has a painted cover that even if you nudge it gently, will leave a mark or crack or dent the plastic...

People are far from perfect, and eventually someone will kiss a bumper or scrape a corner. Such is life...

Originally Posted By: geeman789
Remember when bumpers were made to actually be bumped with no damage...?

Now, everything has a painted cover that even if you nudge it gently, will leave a mark or crack or dent the plastic...

People are far from perfect, and eventually someone will kiss a bumper or scrape a corner. Such is life...

Unfortunately-I have had several door dings with people not caring when they open their car door. That really ticks me off!

I have several door dings too. One of which I was in the car when somebody flung their door into mine, he didn't seem to care and was surprised when I asked for his insurance information. Really!?

Originally Posted By: CKN

Unfortunately-I have had several door dings with people not caring when they open their car door. That really ticks me off!

Kids are often the culprits... they are often excited to be going wherever their going...so they eject out of the often pointy backdoors... ding...! Doesn't make it right, but even if you lecture your kids to be careful, they will still at some point hit the car next to you... and often have no idea they did it...

Door dings are part of parking in parking lots... I always park wayyyyy back, because as my doctor says, every step is a good step. But, I still picked one up somewhere...

This is the reason that we deploy a beater for shopping and also for my work commute. It isn't the commute, of course, but the very tight and crowded parling lot at work.
Too bad that people are so careless, but that seems to be the way things are.

Originally Posted By: geeman789
Originally Posted By: CKN

Kids are often the culprits... they are often excited to be going wherever their going...so they eject out of the often pointy backdoors... ding...! Doesn't make it right, but even if you lecture your kids to be careful, they will still at some point hit the car next to you... and often have no idea they did it...

Door dings are part of parking in parking lots... I always park wayyyyy back, because as my doctor says, every step is a good step. But, I still picked one up somewhere...
Yup, I don't get mad if people hit my car, I understand that [censored] happens, but the people who ding or scratch it (or the kids parents) need to at least leave a note with their information so their car insurance can pay to have my door fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a guy pull @1.5' into my parking space and leave his POS beater with the front bumper(with screws) resting against the rear fascia of my wife's car. He was quite irate when I requested his insurance. His company paid with no question. He got off easy, as I only requested they pay for the bumper cover- I installed it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back