Android 5.1 update out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: daman
Those who have Verizon Galaxy S5's
A new update has been released which bumps you to 5.1, which fixes a lot of problems caused by the first round of Lollipop.

I don't have Verizon or AT&T here it's a small cellular company for our area so I'm not sure they send out 5.1 I'll check again and see what the update states.

US Cellular? C Spire? No need to be a hipster about it, I've probably heard if it before
grin.gif

Thumb cellular?

Those who have Verizon Galaxy S5's
A new update has been released which bumps you to 5.1, which fixes a lot of problems caused by the first round of Lollipop.

I don't have Verizon or AT&T here it's a small cellular company for our area so I'm not sure they send out 5.1 I'll check again and see what the update states.

US Cellular? C Spire? No need to be a hipster about it, I've probably heard if it before
grin.gif

Thumb cellular?

Ooh. That's a slightly obscure one, but the name did ring a bell.

From what I gather, there a Verizon reseller, at least on terms of LTE, as there a LTEiRA partner.

I can't find any info on software updates for a TC S5, but from there FAQ there a very upfront company. Throw them a line on Twitter and see what they have to say.

Well just did the the update and it was for 5.0
mad.gif
few things I don't like about it already compared to 4.4.2 hopefully 5.1 comes soon.

Something interesting, in case anyone is having Wi-Fi issues with 5.0.1: I figured out (much to my chagrin, as I did a factory reset before figuring this out) that issues with connecting to certain networks might have something to do with security strength and protocols. I know that, at least at home, I had WPA2-PSK enabled on the router and the phone didn't want to connect at all. However, bumping it down a little to Mixed WPA/WPA2 worked as a stop-gap and I now have connectivity (the setting might be a little different from router to router, YMMV). I hope this issue, amongst others, is addressed in a future update (waiting on you, VZW)....

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
Got 5.0 on my Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago. Not sure how I feel about it...

I liked 4.4.2 better, 5.0 I see uses more RAM and a few other things I don't like about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back