2010 G37xS Schaeffer's 5W30 6,060 miles, 85K

Status
Not open for further replies.
here ya go, another one. Ill try different oil next run, see if it makes any significant difference, Maybe mobil or castrol. still no idea on silicon
2vrx6ds.jpg

Did you check the filter seating like I mentioned in your last thread? The way the air filter boxes are designed, it's very possible to pinch things and not seat them correctly. Additionally, some oils do use silicon compounds as anti-foaming agents, but I have no idea on the concentration, and a VOA would help us with that.

Okay. Well, replacing it can introduce dirt, too, and its efficiency will improve as it loads up. Leave the filter alone for the next few OCIs, since the air filter change interval is fairly long. What is it specified at in the States, something like 18,000 miles or so?

nighamreuki, I'd expect the TBN to hold up better than that. Like 3. Also, wonder if a Fram Ultra can get smaller particles out, allegedly it does, and maybe thats whats causing slightly elevated iron levels (Schaeffers is supposed to be better than that) and silicon levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back