Hazard-Fraught-Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious! I liked the two references to needing more bungee cords
grin2.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I especially liked the $10 "Some Kind of Gauge" and the 4500 Watt Noise & Fume generator...in fact, I think I already have them in my garage.

Only thing from HF that died on me was a heat gun.

Everything has has been cheap and useful. They are alot of unnecessary stuff, but I am not paying 3X (or more) for tools if I am just DIY.

Unless its electronics, I like the overall quality of their stuff for the low price I pay with coupons.

I got matric set wrenches over 4 years ago, and to this day I still use them. Didnt pay more than 10 bucks for 12 set.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Love it.

"Rickety Aluminum Greenhouse. Assemble in an afternoon. Disassemble the next afternoon after citation from Homeowner's Association." hee hee

-ben

Hilarious ad.

On a more serious note though, HF tools are great if you know what to buy and what to avoid. That's the big caveat about shopping at HF...knowing what items to avoid.

Originally Posted By: AccordK24
HF tools are great if you know what to buy and what to avoid. That's the big caveat about shopping at HF...knowing what items to avoid.

Also, understanding that these are home-use, DIY tools. They won't have pro-type quality, but will usually work OK for the few times your average home grease-monkey will use them.

Originally Posted By: AccordK24
...knowing what items to avoid.

Add the french fry cutter to that list. Didn't even get through the first russet.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Watch out. Many will get offended by this.

Some will yes. I don't use too much of the chinese stuff. But Some things there have their place.
I needed to cut about 5-7 door mouldings off just above the floor to install a laminate flooring. It would be a tool i would never use again. Rather than spend $130 + , i did buy their oscillating multitool. it as about $25 bucks and got the job done.
I do believe in buying good quality and usa made when its a sound money wise. Harbor freight has a place for one off use tools.

I just bought an Aircat 1150 impact wrench, can't wait to try it out!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Watch out. Many will get offended by this.

Oh, they can give it a rest and lighten up. That ad is laugh-out-loud hillarious! I should put a link to it in the humor section. It belongs in its own category: Tool Humor!

I hated HF with a passion for years. But then over time every tool available seemed to also be made in China. I bought some hammer drills, the big heavy duty kind and they are good quality and were cheap. Also a heavy duty corded drill, seems to be as good as any. They won, we lost. I was totally willing to pay more for a USA made tool, but there seems to be very few for sale now. I suppose it employs some sales staff here, but I am more interested in employing the people making the tools on the factory floors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back