Aegis 20/50 Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could go in another forum, but it's for my bike, so I will post here. Trying to find that happy medium 20/50 for my Airhead - not a budget job for oil burners, and not a fancy superduper synthetic which it doesn't need.

Back in another world nearly all oil sold in New Zealand was blended here by the oil companies...in the current economic climate most of our oil comes from Australia, the rest from Europe, the Middle East, Asia or the US. But there is one oil company still blending in NZ - Aegis oil. Owned by Paul Radisich, who got famous by racing British Touring cars and crashing a lot in V8 Supercars. We only sell their chainbar oil and SAE 30 at work, but saw in the reps folder that they do a classic 20/50. I was wondering what the zinc level was, and he said ring the blender.

So I rang the blender, he said they use it in racing V8's, and is good for pushrod 2 valves. Zinc level is 2% - that's 2000ppm. I should be able to see it at that level. I think they have the specs wrong on the website, but should be the same as the basic 20/50.

SAE Grade 20w/50
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40oc, cSt 169.5
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100oc, cSt 19.5
Viscosity Index 132
Pour Point, oc -24
Pour Point, oc 220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back