NYPD back in the news again, and it's not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Yeah, I'm sure the Uber driver was so innocent. People like this guy don't just get mad for no reason, nypd or not.

What if he worked for another government agency? I'm glad people still get [censored] off. People are getting too soft nowadays. Bunch of [censored]

What law did the Uber driver violated ? Did the Uber driver committed any crime ? Then why didn't he arrested ?

Blame the victim is the way to go !

I do realize emotions are running high at the NYPD...seems like there are quite a few issues going on there.

Still, no excuse for that. Officer needs to make a positive end to this story, period.

It's frightening that someone with not control of his emotions is allowed to carry a firearm.

What if next time he encounters a driver who's like him instead of this calm driver? Things can escalate in a hurry

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
What law did the Uber driver violated ? Did the Uber driver committed any crime ? Then why didn't he arrested ?

First off, one cannot be arrested for every single conceivable violation. That's the case in every jurisdiction. Nonetheless, that's not a good enough reason to go on an insane rant.

Seems that this driver did not use his turn indicator and cut off this unmarked car.

The actions of this "cop" is exactly why I have lost all respect for them in general.
They do not respect the people they are sworn to protect. If you don't respect me, I have no reason or obligation to respect you.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
Seems that this driver did not use his turn indicator and cut off this unmarked car.

The actions of this "cop" is exactly why I have lost all respect for them in general.
They do not respect the people they are sworn to protect. If you don't respect me, I have no reason or obligation to respect you.

You've it backwards.

Quote:
The roadside rage erupted after the detective tried to park the unmarked car without using his blinker, and the Uber driver went around him and gestured to him to use his signal, according to Sanjay Seth, a passenger in the Uber car who posted the video clip

So I saw a sniplet of the video yesterday. Just sounded like a New Yorker having a bad day. I've heard of similar tirades by civilian New Yorkers, seem to remember one by an NYC bus driver? Of course, cops are in fact held to a higher standard, I get that. But cops come out the population, not some other planet and until we get some Robocop cyborg perfected and ready for duty nationwide, cops are going to keep exhibiting human characteristics from time to time.

That uber driver should've told that douche-bag po po to F himself,roll up his window,and ignore him,specially the way that ahole mocked his accent. That cop had more of an assclownery accent than the uber driver.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
This has existed since the early 50's. Except this flaming a hole gets on CNN.

Since the 50's?

Abuse of power has existed since the dawn of man..

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Of course, cops are in fact held to a higher standard, I get that. But cops come out the population, not some other planet and until we get some Robocop cyborg perfected and ready for duty nationwide, cops are going to keep exhibiting human characteristics from time to time.

The excuse "they're just humans and have a right to have a bad day", doesn't work when that person carries a firearm. Remaining under control and using good judgment is a requirement to be in law enforcement. It is not optional sometimes. Just like a teacher must be patient, or a roofer needs to be not afraid of heights. They are required for the job. If any of those workers didn't meet the requirements of the job, they shouldn't be working that job. This guy should be working in another field.

I see bad behavior such as this and worse all over the internet.
If an incident is not reoorded, the cop gets away with it.
I think that this sort of behavior is condoned by the "higher ups" in police departments. This is not limited to a few states, this mostly nation wide.

This guy will be promoted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back