Chevy Cruze facelift? This doesn't look right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going through the junkmail this evening... well, it's almost all junk, so we'll just call it the mail, and I came across a lease ad for a 2015 Chevy Cruze. The front end looks very nice, but the headlamps and grille have a different shape than the current 2015 facelift. Said facelift added LED drl's above a set of revised fog lamps, but that's about it. I know the Cruze is sold globally, and has slight differences in fascias and other cues, but I could not find another identical picture online of the model listed in this ad. I must say, it looks great! What say you all?

As a point of reference, this is what the 2015 Cruze ACTUALLY looks like:

Last edited:
Looks to me like the image was only stretched or shrunk in one axis, not two.

I recently rented a cruze lt and it was a wonderful car.

I would be mad if I saw the normal looking car in the first picture, then showed up at the dealer to find an angry robot looking car with LEDs everywhere.
grin.gif

The first car might be a real front clip, but tamed down for a foreign market. Or it's just a Photochop the dealer found online.

That first picture shows up on this website...
http://vehiclesreviews.com/2015-chevrolet-cruze-review
...with this strange review...
"The 2015 Chevrolet Cruze’s log cabin is developed with difficult plastics that some doubters claim are well textured, though others assume appear economical. The majority of driving test motorists state the Cruze’s front seats are comfy as well as encouraging."
crazy.gif

Edit: Note - if you look at the higher res pic I linked to, the car is clearly a Photoshop. Someone made a wishful thinking rendering of how they thought the Cruze would look for 2015. Then that dealer found the pic online, didn't know any better/even think about, it and now you spotted it...

Last edited:
Looks like the photo in the ad was taken from here: http://latestscar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2015-Chevrolet-Cruze.jpg. The photo description on Google image search is "The Concept Sedan 2015 Chevrolet Cruze". So apparently it was a concept mockup, not an actual production vehicle. And unless it is just the way the page is laying and/or the angle from which you took the photo, the image was stretched funny and gives the rear wheel some major negative camber.

Edit: Looks like 01rangerxl found another source of the photo. Someone made it and it is now on the Internet forever where clueless marketing folks can pull it down and unwittingly use a photo of a non-existent car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I would be mad if I saw the normal looking car in the first picture, then showed up at the dealer to find an angry robot looking car with LEDs everywhere.

Those would be found down the street at the Toyota dealer.

The big concern to me isn't the off-axis stretch of the photo, but the fact that the vehicle pictured has equipment (such as projector headlamps) that just flat aren't available on the Cruze. I'm sure there was no malice in the design of the ad, but it certainly mis-represents the product.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Looks to me like the image was only stretched or shrunk in one axis, not two.

Not only that, the red car lacks the upper grill, and the lowest grill and other details are different.

My opinions--

I really just haven't been able to get into the chevy/GM styling lately. Their truck interiors to my eye have improved tremendously in the past ~7 years, but the exteriors of most of their offerings just haven't matured. I really wanted to like the current Impala, and I think they came close, but none of the designs seem "timeless," kind of have that here today but dated tomorrow look. maybe it's just me.

Ford I feel like has their exterior lines nailed, and if they (like everyone else) can take some of the "Tonka" look out of the trucks I would see that as a good thing too.

Fiatsler is between philosophies, to my eye. They really had some good artists, for the most part, right before the buyout. Current body lines and interiors all have a sleek, purposeful look to them. But everyone has their opinions on what happens beneath the sheet metal and plastic.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
grin.gif

The first car might be a real front clip, but tamed down for a foreign market. Or it's just a Photochop the dealer found online.

That first picture shows up on this website...
http://vehiclesreviews.com/2015-chevrolet-cruze-review
...with this strange review...
"The 2015 Chevrolet Cruze’s log cabin is developed with difficult plastics that some doubters claim are well textured, though others assume appear economical. The majority of driving test motorists state the Cruze’s front seats are comfy as well as encouraging."
crazy.gif

Engrish? The Cruze has a "log" cabin? And "encouraging" seats? (Personally I'd prefer "seductive" seats. . . .)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back