VZW Nexus 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone stuck an international SIM card into a Nexus 6 purchased through Verizon? Reports are that AT&T has SIM locked it, but haven't seen much about the VZW version.

Curious if it works fully in the intended country, ie full speed data.

My AT&T is sim locked, but that's easy to over come.
wink.gif
I don't see how the VZN one wouldn't be either.

Verizon LTE phones are unlocked by default, that's why they are usually worth more.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Verizon LTE phones are unlocked by default, that's why they are usually worth more.

I've seen that but do they work fully outside of Verizon?

My note 2 was supposed to be unlocked but I saw reports of the data not working properly, but I haven't looked into it much in a while.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Originally Posted By: zach1900

I've seen that but do they work fully outside of Verizon?

My note 2 was supposed to be unlocked but I saw reports of the data not working properly, but I haven't looked into it much in a while.
If the phone has capable bands, but VZW LTE phones are ALL unlocked to acept a SIM card.

Last edited:
I can't believe AT&T Sim locked a Nexus phone. They probably put their own bloatware on it too. It is a Nexus only in name.

But to answer the original question, yes a Verizon Nexus should be unlocked and will work with other simcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back