Scratches on the Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only cleaner I use is the spray clp cleaner. There is a black area under the slide, no brushing/cleaning would clean it. What can it be?

And there are small scratches on the barrel, is that normal? I expected it to stay intact for a while but it is not.

7o4vLP.jpg

P5gMV6.jpg

The scratches are fine; they don't affect performance, however it is peculiar that there is something that won't get cleaned, no matter how much cleaning. Does it look like carbon/gunpowder foul? FWIW, my XD(m) doesn't have any scratches and has 1,000 rounds through it, and no crud under the slide.

Sometimes a good long soak of a cleaning product will help bust stubborn carbon. I would not worry about the scratches at all. It won't hurt anything, purely aesthetics.

It looks like carbon but ingrained. It was not there when I got the piece. Not cleaning the gun right after practice might have caused it who knows... I shot 500 rounds so far. I spray the cleaner/oil clp and use the brush and pieces of cotton cloths to clean. Any cleaner you suggest for soaking it in?

Also I wonder if I need a lubricant only item or is the dual purpose clp enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back