96 Integra valvetrain pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend bought a 96 integra with 190k on it. I took off the valve cover to inspect the timing belt and here is what i found

Here my 01 integra with 168k just for comparison. 4-5k oil changes for my engine. I do not know the history of my friends but it looks decent as well.

Looks good! Mine looked more like yours does. The b18 is so easy on oil and it doesn't run very hot, so most ive seen were pretty clean.

Looks great. Our 94 looked like that. We ran 7500 mile OCIs on it no worries.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'd love to know the oil used and the OCI. It looks great.

My guess is M1.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Wow.. very nice - conventional or synthetic usage ?

Most likely pyb
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
You have to remove the valve cover to inspect the timing belt???

Yes, as do many engines.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'd love to know the oil used and the OCI. It looks great.

It may have been through pennzoil quick lubes based on the oil reminder sticker i saw on the windshield.

As for my engine, 4-5k on valvoline products.

Both engines look very good.

I still find it strange to see the timing belt of an engine on the driver's side of the car here in NA. It's akin to being forced to use your non-dominate hand for a day. Tasks would take a bit longer but after a while you'd get used to the idea.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Both engines look very good.

I still find it strange to see the timing belt of an engine on the driver's side of the car here in NA. It's akin to being forced to use your non-dominate hand for a day. Tasks would take a bit longer but after a while you'd get used to the idea.

The older Honda H, F, and B-series engines had the timing belt on the driver's side, with the exhaust manifold in front.

The newer K-series engine has is flipped, with the intake manifold in front and the timing chain on the passenger side. However, it's kind of a moot point because the K motors use a timing chain which doesn't need replacements like belts do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back