NYPD back in the news again, and it's not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this video. Just appalling..

(video links removed due to profanity; search them on the web - MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:
what an idiot, people like these, make me hate cop, and I know too many people who just hate cops...

how can you expect respect when you, yourself don't give it?

People just have to learn that government employees and politicians are more important than them. Laws, rules and regulations are meant for citizens not government employees and politicians.

Officer caught in xenophobic rant toward Uber driver is NYPD employee: police sources (WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE IN VIDEO)
BY JASON SILVERSTEIN , THOMAS TRACY , JOSEPH STEPANSKY NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 4:46 AM Updated: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 2:24 AM A A A
SHARE THIS URL

A man who was caught on camera cursing out an Uber driver during a bias-filled three-minute tirade in the West Village is an NYPD detective in the joint terrorism task force, police sources confirmed Tuesday.

The NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau is investigating the video, which shows the Uber driver being subjected to a xenophobic rant by the detective, Patrick Cherry.

“I don't know where you're coming from, where you think you're appropriate in doing that; that's not the way it works. How long have you been in this country?” Cherry, who is white, hollered at the driver after pulling him over in an unmarked car with flashing lights, according to video of the encounter.

The roadside rage erupted after the detective tried to park the unmarked car without using his blinker, and the Uber driver went around him and gestured to him to use his signal, according to Sanjay Seth, a passenger in the Uber car who posted the video clip.

The detective’s car in the video does not belong to the department, according to a police source.

The man who yelled at an Uber driver and mocked him is an NYPD employee, police sources said.
SANJAY SETH/VIA YOUTUBE
The man who yelled at an Uber driver and mocked him is an NYPD employee, police sources said.
Moments before slamming the car door and storming away, the hot-headed Cherry, who is stationed in Federal Plaza in Manhattan, shouted at the driver: “I don't know what (edit) planet you're on right now!”

The detective repeatedly mocked the mild-mannered driver's accent and broken English, cursing at him. The driver simply responded by saying “okay” during one point in the man's tirade, the video shows. The driver's ethnicity was not immediately clear.

The driver filed a complaint with police, which prompted the NYPD to assign the case to the Internal Affairs Bureau.

“IAB will look at the circumstances and determine if a duty status change is required," a high-ranking police source said.

The incident may be handed to the Civilian Complaint Review Board if it is determined that the detective committed no other wrongdoing besides the discourtesy, the sources said.

Seth wrote on the video's YouTube page that the incident happened in the West Village.

Cherry was on his way to work after visiting Detective Harry Hill at NYU Langone Medical Center when the interaction occurred, a police source said. Hill is in critical condition after going into cardiac arrest during a procedure on his elbow on Thursday, the source said.

President of the Detectives Endowment Association Michael Palladino said emotions have been running high in the task force in recent days.

"The past five days have been emotionally draining for the members of the JTTF dealing with their fellow detective's health. Despite what some people think, cops have feelings too," Palladino said.

An Uber spokesman, Matt Wing, confirmed the driver filed a complaint, but said he was not issued a ticket. Wing declined to name the driver.

Two passengers in the backseat assure the driver during the video that he did nothing wrong and say the man who pulled him over is going on a "power trip."
SANJAY SETH
Two passengers in the backseat assure the driver during the video that he did nothing wrong and say the man who pulled him over is going on a "power trip."
According to the video, during the brief moments when the detective backed off his harangue, Seth and a fellow passenger assured the driver he did nothing wrong.

"It's not your fault; this guy's just a (edit)," one of passengers says on the video, adding that the man was on a "power trip."

The shell-shocked driver kept offering apologies, but the man did not stop browbeating him.

"You don't let me (edit) finish! Stop interrupting me!" the man tells him.

At the end of the three-minute tirade, the man tells the driver the only reason he's not getting arrested is because he's "not important enough."

Seth posted the video to his Facebook page Monday afternoon, identifying the driver as "Humayun" and titling the clip, "Police Abuse of Uber Driver in New York City."

"Our Uber driver, Humayun, was abused by a police officer today in New York," Seth wrote. "The unending rage, door slamming, throwing items into the car, threatening arrest without cause was bad enough — but the officer's remarks at the end really took it to another level."

Follow @jaysunsilver

[email protected]

RELATED STORIES
Bronx teacher sues NYPD cop for 'aggressively' attacking him
NYPD inspector general reveals first year's cop complaints
Yellow cabs losing business as Uber, black car sector grows
Uber cars outnumber yellow taxis in New York City
TAGS: nypd

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people really still expect anything different from this trash?

I hope he dies of heart attack going around yelling at people like that, people should not have any power if theyre angry like this all time.

In the course of my job I have worked with over a dozen different state police troopers over the past few decades. Only one man was not on a huge power trip with a huge ego.

Clearly a biased, disgruntled, unfit display and needs fair investigation and follow-up. Inexcusable behavior; should be (and probably will be) disciplined.
He should consider apologizing, but I suspect it wouldn't be genuine, so it's probably moot.
Makes the rest of us look bad. Just keep in mind he is not representing the best of us when he veers into the abyss like this.

Last edited:
33.gif

I say we no longer have police departments. Every person for themselves. Anarchy... that's the ticket... seems to be the key historically to the smooth sailing of civilization.
wink.gif

May god bless the peace keepers, grant them the wisdom to make good decisions, may we all have the patience to be forgiving of the mistakes the media and todays technology allows us all to see.

I have always felt that police need to be held to a higher standard than citizens only because they represent the city and citizens themselves.
When a representative acts in such a manner it sends a message to the people,a very poor one.
If you want to know in a hurry about any specific society look at how their police force behave.

Yeah, I'm sure the Uber driver was so innocent. People like this guy don't just get mad for no reason, nypd or not.

What if he worked for another government agency? I'm glad people still get [censored] off. People are getting too soft nowadays. Bunch of [censored]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back