OBD scanner special on Groupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on here posted one shipped straight from china for $5 and change.

The included CD ROM software had virusses on it but what do you expect?

I have one of those Chinese Bluetooth OBD2 adapters, and it works great.

Do not use the CD, can have viruses.

I have one from Amazon with the purple and orange sticker, it works fine with the free torque app, it was under $10 shipped, I think.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

How do they make any money with $5 shipped from oversea ? The scanner alone probably costs them $1-2, shipping must be less than $2 so profit is about $1.

If we need to ship anything as small as this part anywhere in USA the shipping cost alone is more than $3. Seems like China subsides shipping cost to probably less than $1-2 for light items to USA.

Last edited:
I have an OBDII bluetooth that looks just like this one. Works great. Saved me lots of money by trouble shooting error codes and being able to record real time O2 voltages.

Torque Light with Android phone FTW

How much is shipping? I got the BAFX OBD II reader from Amazon for about $24 including shipping. It's worked great for me and has come in handy when people I know comment that their check engine light has come on.

The BAFX scanner looks exactly the same as the one on Groupon, might even be the same product. If so, that's a good price on a good Bluetooth scanner.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: eljefino

How do they make any money with $5 shipped from oversea ? The scanner alone probably costs them $1-2, shipping must be less than $2 so profit is about $1.

If we need to ship anything as small as this part anywhere in USA the shipping cost alone is more than $3. Seems like China subsides shipping cost to probably less than $1-2 for light items to USA.

That's one of life's great mysteries. Look at all the $2 gadgets on dealextreme.com that ship from over there.

I figure the trade deficit is being "fixed" by throwing our Post Office under a bus somehow on accepting foreign mail.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
They are meant to be used with phone apps, why use pc software?

because VAG-COM, and other innumerable reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back