oil change on go karts in the "fun parks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an indoor / outdoor track that has fast little carts that run wide open all day long. They have to be changed more than once a year cause of the hours put on them a day. At least 4 hours of run time a day. Sometimes 7 or 8 full hours a day. They are also open 7 days a week so they would blow up if not changed at least monthly.

At a local shopping center they have a few golf carts for the security people. The manager said they cancelled the service contract because they had to cut back on expenses. He said they now run them until they quit and then have them serviced. They don't check tire pressures, oil level or anything else. They just run them. that manager claimed it's cheaper, this way.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
At a local shopping center they have a few golf carts for the security people. The manager said they cancelled the service contract because they had to cut back on expenses. He said they now run them until they quit and then have them serviced. They don't check tire pressures, oil level or anything else. They just run them. that manager claimed it's cheaper, this way.

That sounds like a manifestation of today's "disposable" attitude...why maintain when you can replace?

I wonder how much their service contract was costing...

No figures quoted but this manager said his method was cheaper, a lot cheaper. He claimed that his system has worked for a dozen or more years. I have no idea one way or the other, myself.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

No figures quoted but this manager said his method was cheaper, a lot cheaper. He claimed that his system has worked for a dozen or more years. I have no idea one way or the other, myself.

Makes sense, costco used to have cart pushers. But now it's back to the kids working there to push them, must of been too expensive to keep them

I saw mobil 1 in "the pits" for Funtown's Grand Prix racers.

They have a "time's up" kill switch thing that seems to cut most, but not all of the spark. Still trying to figure out how they engage that, via radio or ???. I don't see them setting a timer and all the cars cut out at the same time.

If so, this would gas-load the oil wicked, I figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back