What Is The Glossiest Tire Shine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of buying these things, only to find out they're not that great. I must have 6 different bottles of "Tire Shine" in my garage. I'm looking for one that's really glossy, but doesn't stay wet or tacky. I just thought I would throw this up there to see what you guys like. That way perhaps I can save myself from any more bogus purchases that waste money.

you may enjoy detailbliss.com it is a pro detailers forum
i always used armor all or a similar product with poor results

I like Meguiars hot shine. That's only when I'm in the mood though. Sometimes I just prefer the clean non shiny look

Duplicolor makes a tire coating that is supposed to have a dry finish and "last 5X longer," so I guess it is more of a paint-like coating than the traditional tire shines.

I can't vouch for how well it works as I have never tried it, just something to look into.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
This Turtle Wax stuff supposedly stays shiny for a year:

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-12KT-Black-Endura-Shine/dp/B00IOBSXQ0

The insanely shiny products usually contain silicates and petroleum distillates, all of which aren't good for tires. I don't use tire shines often but when I do, I use water-based products.

That stuff might be worth a try. I've always had good luck with Turtle Wax products over the years.

Adams.

I like the old matte finish VRT (plus you can use it on other stuff as the name suggests Vinyl-Rubber-Tire) but the shiny guys like their new shiny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back