Oatmeal, and "Uncle Sam cereal anyone?

Good evening folks. how many of you here eat the cereal "Uncle Sam"? I do and love it and I also love oatmeal. I eat one or the other each morning. I see that the "steel cut oats" seems to be making a comeback or am I mistaken

Last edited by a moderator:
We enjoy something similar. We mix all the dry ingredients in a Tupperware container and then add the rest when we get ready to eat. Very tasty and filling.

1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup Grape-Nuts or Ezekiel brand equivalent
1/4 cup bite-size shredded wheat
1/4 cup Uncle Sam Cereal
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons raisins
1/2 handful of walnuts
1 banana, sliced
1 kiwi, sliced
1 grapefruit
3/4 cup milk substitute of choice

Uncle Sam can be tasty but I notice the flax seed doesn't all get chewed and doesn't yield it's inner benefits.

As far as overall effects..... Uncle Sam would make Strom Thurmond have the bowel movement of a 17 year old! It works like Super Colon Blow.

I eat oatmeal, flax seed and our own berry crop in our homemade yogurt every morning.

Quote:

Uncle Sam can be tasty but I notice the flax seed doesn't all get chewed and doesn't yield it's inner benefits.

but the outer benefits are undeniable; just ask Barry (US) Bonds.

The name Uncle Sam was placed on a raison bran. The box was striped. I don't see it any more.
It was sold in stores you'd call old fashioned in Brooklyn.
It was true to the reputation of Uncle Sam cereal being involved with your digestive system.
It tasted great and produced bowel gas by the cubic yard.
I used to sent it to a friend in North Carolina.

Hey NHGUY, was that President Obama question a cheap shot or legitimate? Kira

U.S cereal is good I have been eating it on occasion since the 1980s. Oatmeal messes up my bowels in a bad way. Cereal makes me hungry so I don't eat it often.

First I have heard of Uncle sam? Looks like it's available around here....

I love regular Oatmeal with raisins, or dried prunes...er I mean plums. The politically correct name for them now. I do sprinkle flax sometimes.

My go to oatmeal is Bobs Red Mill, in the big 25 lb bags. It's about $16 a bag. Bob retired, and the employees own the company now.

You're supposed to follow the media and only eat the sugar they promote as cereal. There's a lot more profit in selling sugar and avoiding any attempts to sell food. The profits using fake sugar are even better. It's called corn sugar. They like it better because they've wiped out any semblance of nutrition.

Well, so far eating mine with unsweetened almond milk. Starting to like the almond milk
wink.gif

Back