Best Ink Cartridge Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have good experience online with buying ink? I have an older hp printer all in one. My wife bought ink from ebay at a discount and when we tried to use it, the printer kept generating an error that the ink needed to be changed.
My guess is that she was sold bad ink. The same ink at the chain stores sells for $60-$70 and online was $30.

Any help would be appreciated

in the past i have bought remanufactured ink from ebay with great success
have you priced getting it refilled by walgreens etc...?

Some sellers are good, some not, maybe the cartridges are missing a chip or something. My Brother printer has had the same eBay cartridges installed for the longest time printing 100s and 100s of pages. I think the cartridges were about $1.50 a piece. I love Brother printers, the cheapo re-manufactured cartridges were just fine in them.

I use LD ink products for our Canon and Epson printers. No problems over the past five years. Install them and your good to go. Don't recommend refillable cartridges. PITA

Buying ink for Ink-Jet printers is a scam.
Unless you really need to print with color. Most people don't.
I get my photo done at Wal-Greens.
I was spending $70. per year on ink (that's the scam).

Throw your printer away.
Buy a Brother all-in-one Lazar Printer.

Lazar printers use that black powder.
Never dries up.

I've had my Brother printer for 5 years now. (5 x $70 = 350.00 savings).

I've had very good luck with ink from Blake Printing Supply on Amazon. Three other family members and friends have used them with the same good results as well.

Just do an Amazon search for Blake Printing Supply and your Printer model, (anyway that works for me), and choose from the packages that show up.

My Canon All In One uses the PGI-255 black and CLI-251 color cartridges and they've all come in the XL size.

In well over a year and almost 20 cartridges I've not had a problem.

Originally Posted By: GGorman04
Anyone have good experience online with buying ink? I have an older hp printer all in one. My wife bought ink from ebay at a discount and when we tried to use it, the printer kept generating an error that the ink needed to be changed.
My guess is that she was sold bad ink. The same ink at the chain stores sells for $60-$70 and online was $30.

I had the same issue with EBay. Found a decent deal on Amazon.

Johm

I have good luck with this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180906020328?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Originally Posted By: buck91
I have heard Costco refills in cartridges. Does anybody have experience with their service?

I've gotten refills from them. Usually in the neighborhood of $8 to $13 depending on the model of cartridge. Refill is completed in half an hour. Apparently a cartridge can only be refilled so many times before the print quality deteriorates. I got two refills out of mine, then on the third the ink wasn't being applied properly on the document that I was printing. I had to replace it with a brand new one.

I had to return the LD reman. cartridge I got from Amazon for a full refund. Couldn't even print a test page - only half of the page printed. The 5 yr old (!!!) original HP cartridge still printed WAY better. (This was for a LaserJet 1022 printer)

Returned the LD and got an original HP 12A and prints great.

I tried the LD due to positive reviews, I guess they work ok for a lot of people. Perhaps I got a dud.

Originally Posted By: GGorman04

That's been my experience with the refills for our HP OfficeJet 8500a. I went back to originals as I was tired of acknowledging that before printing anything.

That being said, what carts are $60? Even the high capacities for ours are $39 ea.

Another great tip to save on ink is to skip the consumer inkjets and go for the "Business" ones. It will cost you more up front but you get a lower cost per page. The new Epson Workforce and Canons are as cheap as if not cheaper than a laser.

Take a look at a brother black and white laser printer.

They are on sale all over the internet for 75 dollars.

Toner is 15-20 dollars.

1 toner lasts me 1 year.

The drum wore out in mine, and I replaced it for like 9 dollars.

Do you really need color? I find that I do not need to print anything in color.

Last edited:
I used to refill my own HP printer cartridges. Only success I had was with refilling OEM one before it ran out of ink. I bought many remainufactured cartridges and it was hit and miss.

Depending on your model it may be cheaper to get a laser printer or printer that takes inexpensive ink tanks. I now have an Epson Workforce. It was $60. Ink tanks about $2.00 on Ebay. Printer software or interface is not the best. Printing is fine.

Will look into brother for my next printer. The only reason I need color is for my kid's school projects. Otherwise I can get along fine without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back