Wal-Mart Is Largest Employer in 20 States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JDub8
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Just wait till they start a spinoff and put up Wal-tenements for their employees "ease of use and comfort". Each 'renter' gets a 5percent rent discount for employee status and direct withdrawal. The 1800's are coming back!

If it got me out of my 2 hours a day of commuting ...

One of the sweet Foxconn dorms:
OB-VS877_honhai_E_20121219044039.jpg

Originally Posted By: WSJ
Paul Mozur/The Wall Street Journal A view inside one of the facility’s female dorms. Each room typically has eight beds.

Looks nicer than what I had at Ft Riley, KS, Ft Leonard Wood, MO or Ft Campbell, KY when I was a cadet
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: JDub8
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Just wait till they start a spinoff and put up Wal-tenements for their employees "ease of use and comfort". Each 'renter' gets a 5percent rent discount for employee status and direct withdrawal. The 1800's are coming back!

If it got me out of my 2 hours a day of commuting ...

One of the sweet Foxconn dorms:
OB-VS877_honhai_E_20121219044039.jpg

Originally Posted By: WSJ
Paul Mozur/The Wall Street Journal A view inside one of the facility’s female dorms. Each room typically has eight beds.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I still don't understand when the unemployment number is 5.5% and yet 11,000 people apply for a job when a new Walmart Supercenter is being built.

The unemployment % is measured by how many people are receiving unemployment benefits.

People are no longer considered unemployed once their benefits run out.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The normal Unemployment numbers are grossly misstated for political reasons...

Bingo. Mr. President has to look good somehow..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jimzz
And they also are the largest employer that its employees have to relay on govermnet resources to survive.

So even if you do not shop at wal-mart chances are you are still paying some of their payroll.

The average hourly pay for full time Wal-mart employees is $12.91/hr. People need to live within their means, not use government assistance as an income supplement to afford the latest smart phone or other high dollar electronic entertainment.

Some people can't be college educated. That doesn't mean they should just suffer. I am a proud tradesman (truck driver) and get a decent paycheck. The trades and other labor should be paid well, but with the decline of unions goes the decline of the middle class. There is a lot of attitude these days about if it doesn't affect me, then tough [censored]. Or maybe we can blame all the stuff that's been coming for the last 30 years on the guy that's in charge now.

I'm looking to hire someone for surgical laser repair, $32 hour plus full benefits. Having trouble finding a person that is trained / willing to attend manufacturers training. Another position for surgical microscopes (Leica, Olympus, Zeiss Pentero) opening soon, but have trouble finding a trained person that can hit the ground running.

I understand strong US dollar gives imports an advantage in the global market.
Why buy Caterpillar when you can buy import earth moving equipment.

OT: Caterpillar has had big lay offs this year.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
The trades and other labor should be paid well, but with the decline of unions goes the decline of the middle class. There is a lot of attitude these days about if it doesn't affect me, then tough [censored]. Or maybe we can blame all the stuff that's been coming for the last 30 years on the guy that's in charge now.

Shouldn't people be paid according to what their worth in the free market is?? What a silly concept.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
The trades and other labor should be paid well, but with the decline of unions goes the decline of the middle class. There is a lot of attitude these days about if it doesn't affect me, then tough [censored]. Or maybe we can blame all the stuff that's been coming for the last 30 years on the guy that's in charge now.

Shouldn't people be paid according to what their worth in the free market is?? What a silly concept.

So if I am a Mechanical Engineer with 2 degrees (5 1/2 years of school) and have years experience in my "trade" what should I be paid??

You'll get paid what you negotiate with the person hiring you.

More experience equals more money.

Exactly..seems pretty straight forward.
cheers3.gif

You'll get paid what you negotiate with the person hiring you.

More experience equals more money.

That economic model can only exist within a closed environment. It fails miserably with any sort of immigration/export of labor because it permits the avoidance of paying a higher wage.

I've always negotiated my salary (except military).

With my skill set I deserve to make my salary, very simple concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back