what is this inside my fram ultras :( help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
It is a bit of over spray of an anti rust coating we put on the tapping plates to prevent corrosion during shipping and storage. Nothing to be concerned about at all. We are starting to ship alot of filters to China, they love American brands over there and we have to do this to prevent corrosion from forming during 3 months in a shipping container. The product is totally soluable in engine oil and has been thoroughly tested.

Still makes me nervous to put in my motor no offense that is ALOT of (over spray) to be inside my oil filter. I know its like you say fine to use but I just can't come to terms with that in my oil and motor
frown.gif
No disrespect to the XG fans out there either I know it's popular on this forum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ccapital83
Still makes me nervous to put in my motor no offense that is ALOT of (over spray) to be inside my oil filter. I know its like you say fine to use but I just can't come to terms with that in my oil and motor
frown.gif
No disrespect to the XG fans out there either I know it's popular on this forum.

To each their own, if it worries you just wash it out with some motor oil - I'd totally not sweat it though.

And that is a pretty quick answer from MotorKing...
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Whether that over spray is on the tapping plate or inside the filter on the bypass, it'd still end up mixing with your oil when installed.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Whether that over spray is on the tapping plate or inside the filter on the bypass, it'd still end up mixing with your oil when installed.

TRUE

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Guys,
It is a bit of over spray of an anti rust coating we put on the tapping plates to prevent corrosion during shipping and storage. Nothing to be concerned about at all. We are starting to ship alot of filters to China, they love American brands over there and we have to do this to prevent corrosion from forming during 3 months in a shipping container. The product is totally soluable in engine oil and has been thoroughly tested.

I figured it was just the anti-rust coating/spray that I have noticed on the tapping plates of the FRAM Ultra filters, but it was good of Motorking to check on this for you and confirm it.

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
TRUE
Have you attempted to see what it is with a cotton swab? I understand that you would rather it not be there, but seriously, MK gave a reasonable explanation of what the substance is and in the grand scheme of things the amount that you see is less than 1cc which is hardly enough to compromise the oil or cause any problems.

will post pic of it with cotton swab soon. And that reminds me sorry I forgot to say thanks MOTORKING!!

Guys,

Well that clears that up, thanks for posting.

Guys,

Nice to hear that Chinese loves made in America products, they know that many made in China products are just not up to standard quality.

I'm sure whatever the stuff is,it is better than the old oil that didn't drain out of your engine
I wouldn't worry

I just looked into a XG2 I have here and noticed a little of the black substance. Really do you think that is going to cause harm in the scope of the abuse your oil and filter will experience during it's OCI and FCI with the combustion contaminants it will be exposed to? I'm sure Fram has qualified their filter components as far as suitability.

Whimsey

remember now I said I know it won't harm anything just like MOTORKING said its just a personal preference not to have a fluid in my oil filter and also like I said no disrespect to anyone at all or any Fram lover I just wanted to ask and start what I believe to be a great informational thread here especially considering not everyone has that fluid in their new XG. Again I want anyone who thinks I am bashing Fram, XG or being rude I'm not I was just bringing up something interesting to us all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Guys,

Well that clears that up, thanks for posting.

Glad you are satisfied.

It's interesting that everyone in China loves American stuff and it seems like all we get is Chinese stuff.

It's a funny world we live in.

Too funny... if it was a Purolator with that stuff in it, it would be labeled a contaminant, shoddy QC, and generally savaged here.

Fram Ultra gets a pass though, lol...

Originally Posted By: Keto
Too funny... if it was a Purolator with that stuff in it, it would be labeled a contaminant, shoddy QC, and generally savaged here.

The same was said about FRAM 20 minutes ago...just depends on how the wind is blowing at the time...

Originally Posted By: Keto

That's rubbish. At least on here MK answers the question, Fram stands behind their products if/when there is a failure. This has been seen repeatidly on here of Fram and MK - if there is a question, it is answer. If there was a failure it was taken care of. On the other hand good ol' Tearolator blames the consumer and could care less about the problem.

It was clearly stated by MK that this is an anticorrosion protectant. People question, he answered. This is the sign of a good company.

The only sound of Tearolator's customer service on this site is crickets......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back