Windshield scratched by wiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how he did it, but Dad was successful in scratching the windshield of his work truck, with something caught by one of the windshield wipers.

He was on a job site where they were pouring concrete, and his best guess is a tiny speck of it landed on top of the wiper, and was there the next time that he turned them on.

There is a crescent shaped mark up and across the shield. It is visible from the inside and the outside, but it isn't deep... I can't feel anything when dragging a fingernail across it.

So... now what? Some old school red rubbing compound and an orbital buffer?

CarPro CeriGlass should work great on that applied by machine. Doing it by hand is a waste of time.

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
A watched pot never boils. A scratched glass stays scratched. Damage is done. Sorry.
I had a windshield wiper fly off once and my windshield stayed scratched.

I still can't figure out why, but my Jeep keeps tossing it's drivers side wiper. Haven't scratched the windshield yet!

Originally Posted By: mikered30
CarPro CeriGlass should work great on that applied by machine. Doing it by hand is a waste of time.

Would this be the best stuff to use on an old Caravan windshield? I can see minor scratching in the glass just done by those big wipers over time (1999 and original windshield)...

Other options for minor scratch removal?

Don't forget that new windshields can often cost about $200 cash.

I purchased my 2004 S2000 used, with a pitted windshield. Safelite around the corner wanted $179 for a new windshield and a few bucks for new window trim (required, as the old stuff gets ruined upon removal)

For just over $200, and no labor on my part, I have a perfect windshield.

Sure, it's not a Honda original. So what? It's clear and defect free. And cheap to replace again if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back