V-twin sound dub over inline 4 (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other AMC Walking Dead fans notice on the one recent episode with Daryll riding out on scout duty ahead of the other guy in the clapped out 90's model Buick Roadmaster, that they dubbed in exhaust note sound effects for a straight pipe twin? No way the inline 4 on Daryll's recently built rat bike was doing that sound legit!

The NAPA commercial with the guy who takes his MIL for a ride after changing his oil... and using NAPA oil and filter, does burnouts and high speed jumps in a Ford Fusion with the v8 sound dubbed in. NAPA should know that a car guy would pick up on that in 2 seconds.

Kind of like when on action movies they dub in the sound of a hammer cocking when someone pulls a Glock....which has no hammer.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Any other AMC Walking Dead fans notice on the one recent episode with Daryll riding out on scout duty ahead of the other guy in the clapped out 90's model Buick Roadmaster, that they dubbed in exhaust note sound effects for a straight pipe twin? No way the inline 4 on Daryll's recently built rat bike was doing that sound legit!

Of all the unrealistic themes TWD runs with, the twin dubbed over that inline 4 bothered the [censored] out of me!! If you're going to insert a sick home build mad max bike why not give us the real sound!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
It's been what, two years, since the apocalypse? I don't think any gasoline left would be good enough to actually run ...

LOL, that's my second pet peeve...

Unless all gas was all non-ethanol & quadruple dosed with stabil, no cars/bikes should be running.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The NAPA commercial with the guy who takes his MIL for a ride after changing his oil... and using NAPA oil and filter, does burnouts and high speed jumps in a Ford Fusion with the v8 sound dubbed in. NAPA should know that a car guy would pick up on that in 2 seconds.

It's a Lincoln LS, which was available with a V8. Automatic transmission only.

Yeah I couldn't believe they did that given how much better an inline 4 sounds than a straight piped v twin.

For the record, the bike is a '92 Honda cb750 nighthawk with an R6 front end and a few other odds and ends from different bikes.

No, they sound completely different. The 1800 is a low revving flat 6. THe inline 4 is a relatively high revving 4 with a single plane crankshaft. They are completely different in both character and tone. Either way they sound better than an unbalanced low output 45Deg V-twin.

Last edited:
The Honda VTX is a 1800 cc V-twin. NOTHING sounds better then a V-Twin, that's why all the major manufacturers make them. In hopes they can out do Harley's sound. Over 110 years, they haven't done it yet.,,

Originally Posted By: 29662
Yeah I couldn't believe they did that given how much better an inline 4 sounds than a straight piped v twin.

For the record, the bike is a '92 Honda cb750 nighthawk with an R6 front end and a few other odds and ends from different bikes.

OK, I don't watch TV so I'm not familiar with the show. When I posted the video I should have clarified high performance V-Twin sound and not the 50 HP, lawnmower technology, oil leaking type.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
The Honda VTX is a 1800 cc V-twin. NOTHING sounds better then a V-Twin, that's why all the major manufacturers make them. In hopes they can out do Harley's sound. Over 110 years, they haven't done it yet.,,

In America they love their Harley's,even though I could fill a book with the problems associated making big power from an air cooled v-twin whereas an inline engine is so simple and effective.
I own a harley with a big bore kit. 107hp/115tq which is as much power as you are gonna get from a 96" harley twin cam without cracking the cases and machining them for bigger Pistons.
When I see the power Rangers in my mirrors I'll play with them a bit. They certainly aren't prepared for a harley to give them a run.
At 70mph on the open highway nothing beats the big cube twin. I write this having owned a 750 katana in my youth. Great bike but it's not my harley.

Oops, you're right about the 1800 being a V-twin. I was thinking of the engine in the Goldwing.

As to outdoing Hardley's sound, thats very subjective. But that's okay because everyone surpasses them in terms of design, technology, and build quality. They don't call them the mistake from Milwaukee for nothing.

Originally Posted By: 29662

Oops, you're right about the 1800 being a V-twin. I was thinking of the engine in the Goldwing.

As to outdoing Hardley's sound, thats very subjective. But that's okay because everyone surpasses them in terms of design, technology, and build quality. They don't call them the mistake from Milwaukee for nothing.

Here we go.
Such a big mistake.

I've never seen anyone with a Honda tattoo before,and I'm pretty sure Harley's build quality is no better or worse than any other bike manufacturer so get off your high horse.
You don't like Harley's. That's your prerogative. However you prove your character with what you post afterwards.
You ride alone because no one wants to ride with you. And in the lifestyle that's very sad.
Maybe a scooter crew will pick you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back