Fort Meade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsettling as I was once stationed there. Probably quite a few changes since the early 1990's, not least of which because they sold off all of the old armor training ranges and reduced the size of the post considerably...

I don't think it's a tragedy. The way I read it, two suspects were trying to penetrate a secure area, and the guards stationed there did their job and took care of the situation. The one who is dead, at least at this point, is reported as one of the suspects.

Good guys go home. Bad guys go to jail or the morgue. Win-win.

Terror attempt foiled? I mean, there have to be warning signs posted galore on the approach roadways. Ramming a vehicle through the gate at the NSA HQ while wearing a disguise, in today's world of terror plots and workplace shootings, is basically begging to have deadly force used on you. I'm also guessing these aren't your garden variety security guards like at the grocery store, these contractors are likely well trained and well armed.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I don't think it's a tragedy. The way I read it, two suspects were trying to penetrate a secure area, and the guards stationed there did their job and took care of the situation. The one who is dead, at least at this point, is reported as one of the suspects.

Good guys go home. Bad guys go to jail or the morgue. Win-win.

I meant to say averted, it was too late to edit.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I meant to say averted, it was too late to edit.

Yes...critical omission!
smile.gif

I just read 3 men "partying" at a hotel and 2 of them took the thirds man car without permission.

Dam.....Seems I miss all those wild parties...( Always a bridesmaid and never a bride seems to work quite well here )

This is what always makes me wonder if these things are
false flags created to keep the fear factor up amongst the gullible and ignorant public. (near NSA don't you know) not at the NSA. LOL Why NO suspect names? Odd.

So what are the names of these two idiots and why haven't we seen pictures of the perps, it is a given they are the guilty parties.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
This is what always makes me wonder LOL Why NO suspect names? Odd.

So what are the names of these two idiots and why haven't we seen pictures of the perps, it is a given they are the guilty parties.

surviving suspect as 20-year-old Kevin Fleming of Baltimore.

Last edited:
Must be quite a drag to wake and find your car gone

Preliminary information indicated the two men were partying at an area hotel with a third individual when they took that individual's car without permission. However, it's still unclear how or why they ended up at the NSA gate.

The owner of the SUV picked up two men dressed as women in Baltimore late Sunday, sources confirmed. The three allegedly drove to a hotel in Howard County, Maryland, where they partied, sources said. Early this morning, the man woke up alone and the two men he allegedly had picked up were gone and so was his vehicle, sources said. The man reported his vehicle stolen to Howard County Police before the incident at the NSA, sources said.

A law enforcement source confirmed that the car that crashed at NSA was reported stolen in Howard County, Maryland.

When the vehicle "accelerated toward an NSA police car blocking the road" and "refused to stop," an NSA police officer opened fire, and one of the two men inside the "unauthorized vehicle" ended up dead, the NSA statement said. The other man in the vehicle was "severely injured” and taken to a local hospital, according to sources.

An NSA Police officer injured in the incident was also taken to the hospital.

“The incident has been contained and is under investigation,” Colonel Brian Foley, Fort Meade garrison commander, said in a statement. “The residents, service members and civilian employees on the installation are safe. We continue to remain vigilant at all of our access control points."

The FBI said they do not believe the incident is related to terrorism.

The injured man was identified as Kevin Fleming, 20, of Baltimore, according to law enforcement sources. Fleming and another man were in a stolen Ford Escape SUV when they encountered NSA police at the entrance to the Ft. Meade complex, sources said.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Blast their butts if any people try and breach security at a government check point or gate.

I'm thinking that those two like that type of thing....

untitled.png

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Blast their butts if any people try and breach security at a government check point or gate.

I'm thinking that those two like that type of thing....

untitled.png

spankme2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: clarkflower

surviving suspect as 20-year-old Kevin Fleming of Baltimore.

I notice that they have already have a mug shot of the idiot,
looks like buckwheat. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back