Question about Rislone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old quart of Rislone in the yellow bottle.

It is their standard engine treatment product.

I want to add the entire quart to an oil change, either my summer change coming up in May or the winter change around next October 31st.

Does anyone know about what the viscosity of this is, compared to, say, straight 30W oil? It has a pour point of -45 degrees C. I think that might be that of about a 5W oil. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your imput.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
I have an old quart of Rislone in the yellow bottle.

It is their standard engine treatment product.

I want to add the entire quart to an oil change, either my summer change coming up in May or the winter change around next October 31st.

Does anyone know about what the viscosity of this is, compared to, say, straight 30W oil? It has a pour point of -45 degrees C. I think that might be that of about a 5W oil. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your imput.
Why?

Rislone has a lot of viscosity improvers in an already thick base-stock, so it's best used in the summer. It was designed for older engines with stuck piston rings or lifters.

It's a 20 weight. Molekule stated it is OK to use but recommends using it as a top-off ~500 miles before oil change. Others use it for the whole OCI every change with no apparent ill effect.

VOA showed 9.2cst... 20 grade borderline 30

Feel free to use it. Don't need to use the whole quart. Pint per OCI is fine.

Weather in Montebello Ca... not an issue to run it year round if you require a 20 or 30 grade oil.

I am also a sucker for a tuneup in a bottle, now days,just stick to MMO, hey, never lost an engine on the mowers, or Harleys or truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back