how to handle a poor product and poor service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: expat
I read the OP last night, and literally went.
33.gif

You are dealing with scumbags!
It would not have been so bad if you had paid by credit card, you could have stopped payment.
That gets their attention!

But not you will likely have to grind it out in small claims court.

My advice: Push on, I would not waste too much time talking to the SB's, they are probably very good at that!
Get your money back and take it elsewhere more reputable, and pay by CC.

Buying from a manufacturer can give you a much better product at a much better price.

99% of Bed sales are rip offs.

My bank has said they can stop all payments from them with a 35 dollar fee. Maybe I should do that first?

Originally Posted By: ram_man

My bank has said they can stop all payments from them with a 35 dollar fee. Maybe I should do that first?

Go to small claims court. You WILL win your case since the item is failing the legal definition of merchantability.

I'm sure you have the satisfaction and warranty statements in writing correct? If so go to the court house pay the 50$ to file a case and get all your money back.

First tell the merchant what you want, which you want to return the defective product for a full refund. If he refuses tell him you will see him in court. Do NOT negotiate on this matter at all.

Last edited:
One of several reasons for using credit card for these type of large purchases of more than few hundreds dollars. I don't use store credit even if they offer extra discount over standard credit card.

The warranty is doubled up to 1 year extra. Anything wrong with merchandise within 30 days you can charge back.

The store financing typically means esp with 0% interest means you overpaid somewhere which is likely the price.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
The store financing typically means esp with 0% interest means you overpaid somewhere which is likely the price.

Compared to other stores this price was decent for what it is. It's a shame the service is so terrible.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
One of several reasons for using credit card for these type of large purchases of more than few hundreds dollars. Anything wrong with merchandise within 30 days you can charge back.

Isn't it 30 days of your statement date, which could be 45-50 days in reality?

Im sorry, how did the bed get stained? From a mattress protector? Did they sell you one that is dyed a color? Because every one weve ever had has been white.

And how exactly does a mattress get a 3" hole in it? How heavy are you and your wife?

I too would be suspect of these things. Sounds like there is a dog around...

I did have (still do in a guest bedroom) a king koil queen that I bought when graduating college and moving in on my own. I got a free bedframe and slept in the middle of the bed. It sagged in the middle. Called the company, they sent someone who took a level and verified the sag, claimed it was the bedframe. Since the frame was sold with the bed, it was vendor error and pressed them on that, and it was replaced.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Buying a mattress is just about the only thing worse than buying a used car.

Is it possible that the people who don't make it selling used cars... they then go and sell mattresses?

The one exception, is we have a locally owned business who actually MAKE the mattresses right in their own shop (you can watch them if you want). They'll actually show you the materials that they use to make the mattresses, and the differences in the quality between them.

And since they make them in house, they DO stand behind them.... and they're not painfully expensive either. Plus, they're still two-sided. Yep. You can still flip them.

With a hometown option like this, I refuse to even consider any of the national name brand mattresses.

Where in Illinois is the store???

Other than court, spread the word about your problem. Be accurate though.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
One of several reasons for using credit card for these type of large purchases of more than few hundreds dollars. I don't use store credit even if they offer extra discount over standard credit card.

The warranty is doubled up to 1 year extra. Anything wrong with merchandise within 30 days you can charge back.

Yep. Got burned once by a retailer who didn't give a hoot once my cash made it into his till. Never again. Sorry mom and pop, I've had the hardest time getting things fixed from said small shops, now they pay the piper in the form of credit card fees.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im sorry, how did the bed get stained? From a mattress protector? Did they sell you one that is dyed a color? Because every one weve ever had has been white.

And how exactly does a mattress get a 3" hole in it? How heavy are you and your wife?

I too would be suspect of these things. Sounds like there is a dog around...

I did have (still do in a guest bedroom) a king koil queen that I bought when graduating college and moving in on my own. I got a free bedframe and slept in the middle of the bed. It sagged in the middle. Called the company, they sent someone who took a level and verified the sag, claimed it was the bedframe. Since the frame was sold with the bed, it was vendor error and pressed them on that, and it was replaced.

The hole is on the seam itself as in the stitch in is coming undone. Also we are of average weight. The stains aren't stains they are little marks where the protector elastic has applied pressure to the bed and the coloration is ever so slightly different.

The manufacturer today after leaving bad reviews on their Facebook and calling the mattress company directly and contacting the bbb has decided to proceed with giving me a new mattress.

Go to small claims court with all of your documentation and photos. Send the owner a subpoena and subpoena all of his records regarding your sale and product warranty.

Then dress in a suit and be polite and organized and whatever you do don't get upset. Just make a monkey out of the guy in court.

Originally Posted By: ram_man

The hole is on the seam itself as in the stitch in is coming undone. Also we are of average weight. The stains aren't stains they are little marks where the protector elastic has applied pressure to the bed and the coloration is ever so slightly different.

The manufacturer today after leaving bad reviews on their Facebook and calling the mattress company directly and contacting the bbb has decided to proceed with giving me a new mattress.

Glad to hear it. So it wasnt a hole, it was a defect
smile.gif

Its amazing what piddly little things they will try to throw at you... But that said, these folks probably see complaints every day, so you have to understand to some level that they are cautious.

But you know that furniture is a shady business, so good job fighting back hard.

Honestly, I wouldn't want their replacement mattress.
My guess is that the manufacturer has a quality control problem that affects all their products.

Again I would pay the 50$ and go to small claims unless the
business refunded all my money.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Honestly, I wouldn't want their replacement mattress.
My guess is that the manufacturer has a quality control problem that affects all their products.

Again I would pay the 50$ and go to small claims unless the
business refunded all my money.

Depends upon the brand. If its a store model with no equivalent, perhaps. If its a national brand with a known part/model number, then Id be more inclined to think this was a fluke incident and the replacement will work out.

The brand is restonic. They are a national brand. And a lot of there materials are bought from the same place serra Simmons ect get there stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back