Oil mix question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have a chance to get somePennz Yellowbottle at a good price. Some of it is a straight 30 weight. If I mix 2 30 wight and 3 5w/30, what Would I end up with? Looking for a way of o use up the 30 weight.

You'll end up with a good summer oil mix!
smile.gif

Stress "summer oil mix". Because you'd have a 30 weight at operating temperatures, but the cold flow properties would be heavily compromised.

Originally Posted By: sicko
Stress "summer oil mix". Because you'd have a 30 weight at operating temperatures, but the cold flow properties would be heavily compromised.

I agree, it's going to likely perform like a "15w30" but will be just fine for summer use.

I am not far off from running some straight SAE 30 in the Jeep over the summer, just because I can! Ha ha.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: sicko

I agree, it's going to likely perform like a "15w30" but will be just fine for summer use.

I am not far off from running some straight SAE 30 in the Jeep over the summer, just because I can! Ha ha.

Although we don't have an exact cST measurement, Yeah it's a 15W30 equivalent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back